Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Woah this is crazy, I didn't know they made replica OEM wheels. I worked at a company that refinished wheels for years but Ive never seen something like this

·
Registered
794 Posts
As long as the rims are DOT certified and meet or exceed all the US safety standards I think they would be fine.

I ran a set of ebay rims on my e46 for track days and they lasted years because they were properly certified.

·
.♥
10,295 Posts
I agree with above. Replica, cheap, knockoff, whatever. So long as they're safe and DOT certified, who gives a flying fuck what company makes them.

The obvious problem is that this company might not be well-known by anyone and less trust-worthy. I also fight it strange they had the price listed as $685.00 with a strikethrough as though to suggest these wheels were that price per piece before they were "discounted." I would hardly believe a replica wheel like that would cost almost $700 considering something like RPF1 would cost about $300 per wheel...

·
Registered
12 Posts
After reading the comments it looks like the website used the price of a OEM wheel as a benchmark. That price was struck through and the new "sale" price was placed below. Was there any certifications listed? I didn't see any unless I missed them.

I like the 05-06 Type S wheel. The 02-04 Type S got the shaft on their wheel & tire combo, IMO.

·
Registered
2006 Acura RSX Type S that
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The website lists «JWL structural certification» but I am concerned with the weight and paint finish. The Type S wheels weigh about 21-22 lbs.

I was thinking of using my current Type S wheels as winter wheels and purchasing these (or just have my wheels refinished). Decisions, decisions...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts