Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get some information on the head/headwork you are offering for the rsx? Price? Horsepower gains? I think my setup has reached this plateau. Specifics would be great.

"Hello the hp gains are around 15whp the price is $795.00 plus parts the gains in flow are around 25 cfm on the intake and exhaust Thanks for the inquiry"

They weren't very specific about how the gains were achieved. Was the 15whp the result of simply slapping on the head? Or was considerable tuning needed to exploit the gains? I think Hardcore and Edo have had this done. Edo only got like 6-10whp with hondata custom tuning. I was under the impression that the head didn't do much of anything without extensive tuning. Maybe they made a few changes since Mikey and Ron hit em up :dontknow: Somebody chime in!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a R&D head. I have yet to dyno mine though. Nu Image Autosports in VA is their East Coast distributer. That's who I went through. You should give them a call at(703) 440-8705 with your questions. R&D and Nu Image with have a booth together at the next IAS show in Atlantic City. You can check out their heads there.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes, I am quite satisfied with it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
15whp is a ton of power to gain from headwork alone. Are they also milling the head and giving you a bump in compression, which would account for a good amount of power---if that's the case then spend $30 bucks at a machine shop and be done with it. I don't remember people on this board gaining too much off of headwork on the K--yet. I think this is one of the last things you should do.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Actually, I recall Endyn doing hytech's head for that shoot out deal a while back. I was actually at Endyn while the head was still there. Headwork can make power but you'll need other mods to compliment it.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
$795 for headwork doesn't sound to bad. It said without parts, what parts would be needed? Stainless steel valves/valve springs?

·
Vendor
224 Posts
eddie123 said:
$795 for headwork doesn't sound to bad. It said without parts, what parts would be needed? Stainless steel valves/valve springs?

Additional stainless steal valves,springs, and retainers. $1795 for the full package including assembly. Norris uses it on his all motor drag car.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
$1800 plus the price for cams/programmable hondata/ dyno tuning, wholly molly! No thanks, I'll get a supercharger.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
It may be cheaper than others but that is still a shit load.

$1800 headwork
$1050 toda N2 cams
$ 500 prog hondata (if you already have hondata)

$3350 plus tax / without dyno time

·
Registered
154 Posts
why not
toda n2 kit (cams and springs) 2400
headwork 800

thats 3200 a little cheaper maybe

Josh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts