Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering building my motor and was wondering how the resale value holds.....With a bolt on kit stock motor, you can always part out but with a built motor your usually looking to sell the car modified.....Can you make any money back on the resale with the added internals or are they worthless on the resale? anyone?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
anything heavily modded or modded at all will always sell for LESS UNLESS you find a dumb or eager buyer that is into the scene....Remember Grandma doesn't care how much whp ur putting down. As long as u can goto A -> B safely and reliably thats all that matters to the common person not into the car scene.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
671_RsX said:
anything heavily modded or modded at all will always sell for LESS UNLESS you find a dumb or eager buyer that is into the scene....Remember Grandma doesn't care how much whp ur putting down. As long as u can goto A -> B safely and reliably thats all that matters to the common person not into the car scene.
My question is can I get any of the money back that I put in? Lets say I drop 3 grand on a motor build...Will I be able to see even a grand back from that?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
jzee109 said:
My question is can I get any of the money back that I put in? Lets say I drop 3 grand on a motor build...Will I be able to see even a grand back from that?

Did you not read my post?

IF let me say this again, IF you sell the car to a FELLOW TUNER you can probably get most of what you put into the car NOT exactly ALL the money you put into it but SOME....

IF and again IF you strip it apart and sell it peice by peice the internals that is. THEN you'll make some money back but still have some lost cost like Labor fee's OR if you do all your work with urself or friends then you STILL lose out because the parts ur selling are now USED.

THerefore cutting down the price down some and your selling them at cost.

SO IN SHORT LAMON TERMS..............

IF YOU SELL TO SOMEONE WHO IS INTO RACING. YES! YOU'LL GET SOME MONEY BACK BUT NOT ALL IF THEY BUY UR CAR IN WHOLE OR IF THEIR A COMPLETE DUMBASS AND PAY FOR EVERYTHING THAT U PAID FOR NEW.

AND NO IF YOU PLAN TO SELL THE CAR TO THE AVERAGE JOE WHO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CARS OR IF YOU TRADE IT IM. YOUR CAR WILL ACTUALLY BE MORE DEPRECIATED IN VALUE.

·
Registered
719 Posts
671_RsX said:
Did you not read my post?

IF let me say this again, IF you sell the car to a FELLOW TUNER you can probably get most of what you put into the car NOT exactly ALL the money you put into it but SOME....

IF and again IF you strip it apart and sell it peice by peice the internals that is. THEN you'll make some money back but still have some lost cost like Labor fee's OR if you do all your work with urself or friends then you STILL lose out because the parts ur selling are now USED.

THerefore cutting down the price down some and your selling them at cost.

SO IN SHORT LAMON TERMS..............

IF YOU SELL TO SOMEONE WHO IS INTO RACING. YES! YOU'LL GET SOME MONEY BACK BUT NOT ALL IF THEY BUY UR CAR IN WHOLE OR IF THEIR A COMPLETE DUMBASS AND PAY FOR EVERYTHING THAT U PAID FOR NEW.

AND NO IF YOU PLAN TO SELL THE CAR TO THE AVERAGE JOE WHO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CARS OR IF YOU TRADE IT IM. YOUR CAR WILL ACTUALLY BE MORE DEPRECIATED IN VALUE.

LAMON?

If you're gonna use yell (caps), at least know the words you're trying to use.

Main Entry: lay·man
Pronunciation: 'lA-m&n
Function: noun
1 : a person who is not a member of the clergy
2 : a person who does not belong to a particular profession or who is not expert in some field

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
lankyb said:
LAMON?

If you're gonna use yell (caps), at least know the words you're trying to use.

Main Entry: lay·man
Pronunciation: 'lA-m&n
Function: noun
1 : a person who is not a member of the clergy
2 : a person who does not belong to a particular profession or who is not expert in some field

Ok Mr. Grammar Police.....

I'm not the best but every post I reply to here on this forum actually has a meaning and a reason behind it..

How thoughtful are you to correct every tom, dick and hairy here. Is that how u pad ur post counts? :laughing:

Read my profec page I'm sure u haven't gone to lengths to even share your knowledge with someone else, thats if u have any that is.

Sorry if I mispelled words. WHen I use CAPS its not to "yell" to to stress a certain point in which I'm trying to make.

Get a life seriously.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Keep all of your receipts as well, this will allow you to get more for the car since you have proof of all the work and aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
671_RsX said:
Ok Mr. Grammar Police.....

I'm not the best but every post I reply to here on this forum actually has a meaning and a reason behind it..

How thoughtful are you to correct every tom, dick and hairy here. Is that how u pad ur post counts? :laughing:

Read my profec page I'm sure u haven't gone to lengths to even share your knowledge with someone else, thats if u have any that is.

Sorry if I mispelled words. WHen I use CAPS its not to "yell" to to stress a certain point in which I'm trying to make.

Get a life seriously.
that would actually be the spelling police. grammar is how words relate to each other in a sentance

·
Registered
318 Posts
671_RsX said:
How thoughtful are you to correct every tom, dick and hairy here.
"Tom, Dick and hairy"...comedy gold. It's not for the spelling mistake alone, but the spelling mistake coupled with context.

No harm, no foul. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.