Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm seriously considering getting a JRSC Street kit for my RSX-S, but I'm worried about the resale value of the car after installing the kit. Does anyone here have any experience selling a SC'ed or even turbo'ed RSX? Do you get more for your car, about the same value, or less? Also, has anyone done 0-60 or quartermile runs with the Street model? I'd like to see the results. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yeah, the best thing to do when modifying your car is take everything off when you sell it. You will not only get some money back from all that money you put into the car, it will also boost the resale value of the car. People like stock cars, means they haven't been tampered with....well supposedly, haha.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
Unless you find some little spoiled rich kid that wants to buy pre-built hot-rod. I have a few friends that sold cars like this.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know how much they got for their cars, even if they weren't RSX's?

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
Don't know any exept one....he had an eclipse, owed 16 grand, sold it for 19k. He guesses that he put 5 or 6 thousand into it as far as mods. So, you'll lose money in the end, but if you look at it from the point of veiw that you're paying off the car, and having 3 grand left for down payment on the new toy, it's not a bad deal.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
Not if that's what the buyer is looking for. Remember, I'm talking about a private sale. If you're trading in, or selling to a dealer, then yes, they will lower the value.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts