Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys i know theres a thread on resetting the ecu already but it doesnt solve much? Im wondering where exactly do i have to unplug to reset the ecu? People has been saying thats its in the fuse box but exactly where? is there any diagram or anything or pictures anyone can post to help another rsxer out? thanks

btw. im trying to reset my ecu cuz my cars been eating alot of gas lately and im hoping if i reset the ecu it'll relearn everything and also incorporate the intake and exhaust i added to my car. Also I'm hoping it'll fix my car when it starts in the morning cuz it's been starting alot later than it used to. :baby: help a noob

·
Special K
704 Posts
You can also remove negative griund wire.

Or follow the main power line from the battery, to the fuse box where it enters is a main fuse, kinda large just pull that one, also should have a diagram on the lid of the fuse box under the hood. should be like a main 80- amp fuse. pull it for about 10 minutes.

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i need more detail.... what exactly do i have to remove? than what do i do after i remove it? some people said leave the car idle for 10 mins? some say keep the rpm at 3000 for 10 mins..... wth?

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts

Open your driver side door

Pull the latch to open the hood

close the driver side door

Support the hood with the factory rod hood support thingy

Get a socket wrench with a #10 socket

Put the socket wrench on to the nut that is on the negative(black) side of the battery

Unscrew until you can pull the wire OFF of the battery

wait a few minutes

put wire back on to battery

re tighten the negative back on to the battery

while holding the hood, remove rod from hood hole

place rod back in to position

close hood and latch hood

open your driver side door

get in

shut door

place key in ignition

push clutch in and turn key until engine has started

remove gear shifter from gear and in to neutral

release clutch

foot on break

ebrake down

clutch in

place shifter in reverse or 1st

driver around

come back and park

open driver side door

get out

close driver side door

go in side house and tell that bitch to make me a sammich

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOLOLOL!!! this probably is THE MOST PRECISE detailed advice i've ever got and you get a rep for that.... now time to go tell my bitch to make me a damn sammich

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
LOLOLOL!!! this probably is THE MOST PRECISE detailed advice i've ever got and you get a rep for that.... now time to go tell my bitch to make me a damn sammich
hey i even gave you the location of the battery code and the fuse number in the other thread. :coffee:

·
Canon Crew
12,127 Posts
The fuse is a 15 amp fuse....the diagram for the fuse box is on top of the black lid. Find the fuse, pull it, with the CAR OFF..then replace it back, and then replace everything. Start the car and let it idle for about 10 mins.

then you should be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts