Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this to be done whenever /any/ engine modification is done?

such as exhaust, or intake, or header..etc.

just curious since it looks like my mods will be installed in stages.

what happens if you mod and dont reset the ecu and drive off? you can always reset it at any time right? (I use to have to do this with my old bike occassionally..strange as it sounds depending on the weather)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
i would say do it after every mod to let your ecu learn the new mod/air fuel map... however if u don't reset it the ecu will eventually adapt by itself!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
yea just reset it every time you put a new mod on your car....

·
Registered
390 Posts
how do u reset ur ecu?

·
Registered
200 Posts
if you have your cd codes or an aftermarket cd player, just unplug your battery for a couple of mins, then hook it back up and let it idle for awhile, then take it out for a spin. valah.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
er..wait wait.

whats the "cd codes"? havnt heard of this...please tell. i still have my stock cd player...

·
Banned
66 Posts
RSXshift said:
if you have your cd codes or an aftermarket cd player, just unplug your battery for a couple of mins, then hook it back up and let it idle for awhile, then take it out for a spin. valah.

Too much hassle...

Why not just remove the ECU fuse for 10 minutes and when you put it back let your ride idle for 10 minutes. :driving:

:wavey:

·
Banned
66 Posts
sawwbuzz said:
er..wait wait.

whats the "cd codes"? havnt heard of this...please tell. i still have my stock cd player...
Every time you disconnect your battery, your system (stock/aftermarket) will ask you for a "code."

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hrm..that must be in my manual somewhere then (I would hope)

thanks for the heads up...

strange though I had my battery disconnected for some work in january. when I picked up the car I had to reset my cd player settings but never asked for a code. i guess the guys at the shop did that?

but as you pointed out, just removing the fuse alone for 10 minutes or so will clear the ecu? then I wont need the cd codes?

·
Registered
127 Posts
No the code came on a seperate little card - it's not in the manual. If you don't have it, it's no big deal, you just have to stop by the dealer and they'll look it up for you. My dealer actually had it on file, took 30 seconds.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok..gotcha. its in the front of my manual case..

thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts