Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit the murcielago projector lights into the rsx headlight unit? I just got hid's and am thinking about getting projectors retrofitted. These ones are the best that i've seen, only problem will be finding a set.

Also, Does anyone know what bulbs they use ?

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
and also paying for a set, u think a set of projectors that come off a lamborghini are cheap

·
-------------------------
5,640 Posts
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that hella manufactured the projectors. Most likely the same (or similar) to the ones in other german vehicles with projection HID.

I just picked up a set of AMG E55 bi-xenon projectors that i'm having retrofitted into my headlights. I quicky fired up one of the projectors and WOW :eek: .....the beam is SO much better and brighter....cut off line is super sharp, and bi-xenon is just crazy bright.

The lambo most likely uses Philips D2S bulbs, 4100K.

By the way, the hid kit you just bought is useless if you're planning a retrofit, that's why i'm selling mine. You wont be able to use the bulbs. You might be able to use the ballasts if you're willing to chop the rebased H1 bulb harness off and solder an OEM D2S harness on....but that's a bitch so just sell your kit and get all oem stuff.

I'll post more info and pics when the retrofit is complete.

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SpeeDemoN said:
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that hella manufactured the projectors. Most likely the same (or similar) to the ones in other german vehicles with projection HID.

I just picked up a set of AMG E55 bi-xenon projectors that i'm having retrofitted into my headlights. I quicky fired up one of the projectors and WOW :eek: .....the beam is SO much better and brighter....cut off line is super sharp, and bi-xenon is just crazy bright.

The lambo most likely uses Philips D2S bulbs, 4100K.

By the way, the hid kit you just bought is useless if you're planning a retrofit, that's why i'm selling mine. You wont be able to use the bulbs. You might be able to use the ballasts if you're willing to chop the rebased H1 bulb harness off and solder an OEM D2S harness on....but that's a bitch so just sell your kit and get all oem stuff.

I'll post more info and pics when the retrofit is complete.
Thanks, let me know how your retrofit goes.

I was pretty sure that the H1 bulbs would not be compatible with a projector setup. I understand that some people have used H4 bulbs on some other projectors. I have to look into if I can somehow adapt the Ballasts to fit D2S bulbs. Like you said, it probably will require soldering a D2S harness onto it. Before I do this, I just want to make sure that it will work though.

Also, What does in mean by "bixenon"? Does that mean that HID's work as both your low and high beams or does it mean that HID's function as your low beams and daytime running lights? I've seen the term Bi-xenon used on BMW's, but never looked into what it meant.

·
Old Man
4,940 Posts
LeaD_FooT said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit the murcielago projector lights into the rsx headlight unit? I just got hid's and am thinking about getting projectors retrofitted. These ones are the best that i've seen, only problem will be finding a set.

Also, Does anyone know what bulbs they use ?
Ey why are you showing a picture of my car?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
i love those silver caps around the lambo's projectors...

i was thinking about the same thing the other day. what would be cool is to get those little grooves on the silver parts to light up with led so you can get a cool angel eyes effect

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
a set of those would prob be worth a leg and an arm haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts