Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2nd run might've been a 2.0x - I totally missed 2nd, let the clutch out before getting it fully into gear. Damn.

Only change from yesterday was the use of BFG G-force drag radials in 225/45/17 at 12-15ps and started the passes with a 1/4 tank instead of the halftank on the previous day. The BFG's shaved off .3 from my 60' times and lowered ET's at most .5 sec!

This was my 2nd time taking the car to the dragstrip. As you all may know, my car lives to road race. Its nice to know that it can run the 1320 pretty well. I know for a fact that a better driver can net lower ET's. My left foot modulation sucks ass.

Launching at 5500 would grab, but 1st still spins throughout the gear. 2nd is much better now with these tires. I think someone who is good with their left foot can pull 2.0x's all day on these BFG's.

-Ron

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Congrats Edo! I see you are getting into the drag scene now, hehe! Welcome aboard! maybe you can come with me on the 29th to Carlsbad raceway. I would like to vs you and see how much top end your car has(a whole can of whoop ass top end i bet) Hope you go couple of more times so you can net some sub 13.5 times!

peace out
mikey

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SunBurn721 said:
impressive runs edo, do you think you can attain numbers like the Area 51 EK Civic with the K20A swap? They also ran a full interior w/street tires netting a 13.2

i'm certain you can net better with experience
sure, here's a homework assignment for you:

find out the car's race weight w/driver.

-Ron

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
hey Ron in no way am I trying to flame you when I say this.
This does show how much a difference driver/condtions/car make a difference. I hate it when people say when I do this, this, and this will I get low 13s.

But congrats on the great times!
From what I understand you ran w/full interior? Do you have any plans to take out anything?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, you can bench race and analyze it from a million different ways. You know me, I like to experiment and test - share the info as I get it.

Full interior, minus spare tire.

-Ron

·
Registered
296 Posts
2067lbs(not sure) without driver i don't know how much he weighed. it was putting down 195whp(not sure). what is your cars weight specs?

your modified k20a2 is putting down so much more power vs a stock k20a in a EK that we expect to see some better times soon. keep up the good work edo.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
modulo_s said:
2067lbs(not sure) without driver i don't know how much he weighed. it was putting down 195whp(not sure). what is your cars weight specs?

your modified k20a2 is putting down so much more power vs a stock k20a in a EK that we expect to see some better times soon. keep up the good work edo.
Let's exaggerate and say he weighed 300lbs. That's 2367. My car is at 2950. Hmm, can we put 3 other guys in the EK and see what it runs? I'm just joking, but you can see what I'm getting at right?

-Ron

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
Goddammit, there's too much to learn!

Aside from ALL of the crap that's out there on building an engine, generating more power, etc , etc, etc; then there's the issue of applying that power.

Is there anyway to make this car gain traction without resorting to slicks or drag radials?

Me, with my ignorance, thought that the LSD, sticky rubber, and MM inserts, would have at least let this car gain traction faster. Right when I think I might actually understand something....

Thanks Ron! <--- for taking it to the track, not necessarily for reminding me of how ignorant I am. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
benca1 what are you talking about:dontknow: edo didnt run a 13.4, someone who he was racing did.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, my number is 477 on all the timeslips except for my very first run on saturday. They keyed it in wrong and printed out 777.

Here's the info on the guy (13.4).

B13 turbo, full slick - approx 2400lbs race weight.

-Ron

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
you must have a bottomless pit of money.
you need better tires...you get better tires.
nice times.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bravo

Nice runs Ron! It's insane that mister road race, second time drag racing now has top spot for ET and MPH for N/A 1/4 mile lists. Maybe you need to head out again.. third times the charm :D

That 104.88mph is pretty unbelievable. So what's next?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts