Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my seats had fallen to the same fate as most RSX seats do. Shredded and uncomfortable. I kept looking at new seats but didn't really want to go the racing seat path and other than that my options seemed limited. During my searching I happened upon a company called leatherseats.com. They cut and stitch the leather to your specifications and ship it out to you. Installation is up to you. I'm the type that likes to save a buck and do things myself so I thought I'd give it a go. Here are the results.

I opted to get rid of the pointless plastic insert in the middle. A bit of high density foam and spray glue did the job nicely.

Added more foam to the stiff front seats

I'd say it turned out rather well. The few wrinkles I couldn't get out have almost all gone away after a few days of the car sitting in the hot parking lot at work. Much more comfortable and it really feels like a new car. (I also added some sound proofing while the seats were out). Is this job for the faint of heart? No. Will I do it again? Not for a long time. Clipping out all of those hog rings, installing new ones, and pulling and working the leather really took a toll on me. I never knew your fingers could be so sore.

·
Super Moderator
23,808 Posts
wow how did no one comment on this 3 years ago. That's a great transformation that most people couldn't do at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts