Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going wot from a roll of 10mph in first gear, 8000 I shifted to 2nd and at 8 came I shifted but to 1st!! and I gave gas not knowing it was in first, the arrow pointed well over 9000 and apx. to 9500, at that moment I let off the gas and felt so bad and soooo scared that I might have blown my motor. This was all in a crazy adreline... I feel sooooo bad. I do not hear any noise except the ticking noise that was goin on before became alittle louder now I think. I'm so stupid, I know. Do you think there is going to be any problem with my car?? I think I'll take it to the dealership tomm and have them check it out....

·
she loves it
36,225 Posts
okay this is a critical point in time for your car. you must do the following two things:

1) whisper sweet nothings to it as you tenderly stroke the steering wheel
2) go to the dealership and get a compression check

god speed.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
It should not be that big of a deal right??????? OH GOD I hope not........ I'm so stupid;.. I hope I didn't hurt my baby.. :( :pray:
Man, I'm not trying to make it sound bad, but you could have. I mean, you're approximating that it went to 9500. Anything past 9K, you can't even be sure of, because there are no more markings past 9K and the tach is inaccurate at such RPMS. You could have very well hit 10K. Just because the car is driveable, you may have some major bent valves and that can come to haunt you. I wouldn't go the dealer right away. Can you buy a compression kit? Do you know any local members who could help you? I would also find out what dealers are the friendliest in your area, and MAYBE they could goodwill a new head. I mean, if not, you may have to go through your insurance company. Go ahead and search through the forums, unfortunately, miss-shifts happen all the time. :dontknow:

·
Glen
655 Posts
how much is it to fix this sort of problem,..... is it a major problem??
Well worst case scenario you could be looking at a new head, honing a block, new pistons. best case, a good valve job and a new set of valves.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts