Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted to add in my reverse wire lead to my radio as I forgot to add it at the time of the installation of my rear view camera, so trying to find the easiest and closest lead there is to the radio location.

saw people mentioning the wire is dark green with silver marks, some said it was under the center console and some said under the driver kick panel.

I have my center console off and see some green wires but I'm not seeing anything with my volt meter.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

cluster of wires under the center console:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you looking for the wire to the reverse lights?

cause i think its on connector 27 in the picture below but the only wiring diagram i found doesn't show sub-connectors for some reason.

Yes and judging from the first diagram it should be in this plug?

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not entirely sure where you're looking at, I wanna say that's the center console?
I wired mine in under the steering wheel. It's wired into the fuse box. It's the very first cable in that connector I outlined. It's dark green. I just quick spliced it into my reverse cable to the stereo.
I got crafty with it and cut a piece of the parking brake cable (as it is excessively long anyway) and I spliced it to the reverse on the car, and spliced it into the reverse for the stereo. I would think this is easier to hook up than running that cable along the center console.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not entirely sure where you're looking at, I wanna say that's the center console?
I wired mine in under the steering wheel. It's wired into the fuse box. It's the very first cable in that connector I outlined. It's dark green. I just quick spliced it into my reverse cable to the stereo.
I got crafty with it and cut a piece of the parking brake cable (as it is excessively long anyway) and I spliced it to the reverse on the car, and spliced it into the reverse for the stereo. I would think this is easier to hook up than running that cable along the center console.
Hope this helps.
View attachment 548657

View attachment 548659
Thank you!
And yes I was trying to grab the wire from under the center console. It's the area right under the stereo though so it would have probably been the easiest route. Going to check one more time tonight to see if I get any voltage from the wires if not will be using the one you pointed out.

Question though! How did you get enough slack on the fuse box? I was able to bring it down by removing the bolt at the bottom but with all the connections I wasn't able to pull it down that far. That's why I was still trying to do it through the center console since all the cables are easily accessible.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thank you!
And yes I was trying to grab the wire from under the center console. It's the area right under the stereo though so it would have probably been the easiest route. Going to check one more time tonight to see if I get any voltage from the wires if not will be using the one you pointed out.

Question though! How did you get enough slack on the fuse box? I was able to bring it down by removing the bolt at the bottom but with all the connections I wasn't able to pull it down that far. That's why I was still trying to do it through the center console since all the cables are easily accessible.
It was super easy just throwing the wire from behind the stereo to the side, there's quite a few gaps you can choose from.
Once you loosen the screw/bolt, you just gotta pull it downwards. Might take a little force. It has a rail that it slides on, on the left side, so it'll cause some friction on the way down. Just keep sliding downwards, it won't hurt anything. I literally went outside a little while ago, removed the bolt, and yanked it off the rail to take the pictures.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you!

It was super easy just throwing the wire from behind the stereo to the side, there's quite a few gaps you can choose from.
Once you loosen the screw/bolt, you just gotta pull it downwards. Might take a little force. It has a rail that it slides on, on the left side, so it'll cause some friction on the way down. Just keep sliding downwards, it won't hurt anything. I literally went outside a little while ago, removed the bolt, and yanked it off the rail to take the pictures.
Mine is off the rail but still there isn't much slack did you unplug all the connector from the back? Scared of throwing a bunch of codes if I do that. Or are you just using the little amount of slack you get when it's off the rail?

And even when I was trying to put it back onto the rail it was having a hard time going back up so I'm afraid of breaking something.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine is off the rail but still there isn't much slack did you unplug all the connector from the back? Scared of throwing a bunch of codes if I do that. Or are you just using the little amount of slack you get when it's off the rail?

And even when I was trying to put it back onto the rail it was having a hard time going back up so I'm afraid of breaking something.
I didn't unplug anything. I just took off the bolt, and pulled it downwards. Maybe check to see if there is a zip tie or something above that might keep it from going further down. I may have cut something to get more slack.
Everything seems pretty solid, so I wasn't worried about anything breaking. I also had to pull it down when I had to wire in the fog lights.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I didn't unplug anything. I just took off the bolt, and pulled it downwards. Maybe check to see if there is a zip tie or something above that might keep it from going further down. I may have cut something to get more slack.
Everything seems pretty solid, so I wasn't worried about anything breaking. I also had to pull it down when I had to wire in the fog lights.
Got it! Unfortunately I thought you had to push the fuse box all the way up the rail to put it back and broke off the plastic guide on the fuse box ?
Luckily the bolt seems to hold the box up by itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again man!

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problem! Believe me I was frustrated when I was installing mine and had very few things online that I could go off of. Glad I could help!
I actually have had my reverse camera for over a couple of years and totally thought I had wired everything correctly. (which I did except forgot to connect this lead wire to the radio harness). so basically if I wanted to turn on the reverse camera I would have to shift into reverse and then push the button on the touch screen for reverse camera). pretty tedious most of the time but did the job because I barely felt like I needed it unless it was dark out and I couldn't see through the tinted windows.

ended up switching stereos, so this time around I wanted to make sure it was fully functional. now that it's fully automatic its a nice little feature to have.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.