Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just found out my intercooler will not include any means to connect it to the bumper support. I now have to figure out how to mount it securely to the bar.

Would it even need to be secured to the bumper support? Or will the piping keep it in place on its own?

I ask because every intercooler I've seen in person was secured in one way or another to something.

·
Senior Member My Ass
773 Posts
the piping will keep it in place. the greddy kit fmic is pretty big and the bumper support has to be removed. hell just take it off and save 30lbs.

·
Senior Member My Ass
773 Posts
no prob. if u plan on running it, might as well save some extra weight. i went ahead and took off the rear too. they're only good for a 5mph impact anyway.

4,780 Posts
Randeezle said:
Hey I just found out my intercooler will not include any means to connect it to the bumper support. I now have to figure out how to mount it securely to the bar.

Would it even need to be secured to the bumper support? Or will the piping keep it in place on its own?

I ask because every intercooler I've seen in person was secured in one way or another to something.
If you are going to use the revhard intercooler it mounts to the bottom of the bumper support with the tabs already welded on to the intercoler. I just used some 2.5inch self tapping screws and they worked fine...the piping will not keep the intercooler in place it needs to be mounted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.