Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! so the turd bucket rsx I bought kept breaking the stock engine mounts i bought ( they were all eBay so that’s probably why) I got tired of them breaking so I bought a Hasport 94a Most Extreme Racing motor mount. This was only one mount I got off JHPUSA for 133.

It being only one mount i thought the 94a would be fine because the rest of the mounts are stock with ES motor inserts. So it came in and we installed it.

Now don’t buy 94a on a daily, it’s absolutely terrifying because you feel like you’re driving whatever is the highest grade earthquake there is. It feels scary but I love it, I already have the nice Integra daily so I’m pure don’t care.
So i been driving around with this daily and low speed, it’s a earthquake, highway cruising is actually ok, but gets annoying and really fast you notice it but don’t care at all. From a dig race, it keeps the power to the ground really nice ( I assume all hasport mounts of any Urethane grade would I was just excited because for the same price I can get most extreme racing! so why not?) A friend had solid mounts on his Integra with a b20b. It didn’t feel bad at all moving just slight vibrations at idle. And all his mounts were solid. This hasport one on my rsx, only one mount feels like death. But it’s fine. The driver side feels like it could be an 88a or something lower, but the passenger side feels like hell. I feel bad for whichever girl I let ride with me.
But other than that don’t buy this for a daily, if you are street or one above street is more than enough. I wanted the closest thing to solid so I got it, and I like being terrified every second of driving a project car because you’d want to keep pushing it. Hasport makes excellent mounts. Highly would recommend these. This review is from a daily driver point of view. And if you’re trying to have a terrifying car and you hate the sound of comfort then 94a mounts is the right choice.

This car is a project car because it was about to be parted out or junked and i wanted to bring it back. So any recommendations of what i should do next is highly helpful and welcomed, because I’m new to an rsx and I’m excited. Thanks :driving:

· 05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,264 Posts
Hah, wow! Thanks for the input! :thumbsup: "Terrifying," hah. I couldn't tell for sure if you were saying the other mounts are upgraded or oem but maybe it would actually feel less terrifying if they were all solid? I know that might be counterintuitive but maybe your engine is actually shaking at the other ends. Just a thought/question.

My HardRace race mounts are hard but it's more noisy than anything. Not terrifying or earthquakey

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha this car was beat to hell. But i have no engine movement. Haha i might of over excgarated it but i think it shakes the way it does because its a brand new mount.
The other mounts are stock with engery suspension (ES) motor mount inserts. Im not sure what grade of urethane they use but probably street, then i upgraded to this hasport mount and vibrations are crazy, I never had anything like that. My friend with the integra had all solid and it didnt feel like that but probably because its a stock b20b and its slow and he just told me some mounts were shot on it.

I will check the other mounts on my motor cause they were too cheap to be true quality haha. This car needs an overhall but im happy with this hasport mount.
I try and be a character, its more fun, hence why i used terrifying. :laughing:

· DRC AUTOMOTIVE
26 Posts
lol, i bought all three Hasport mounts in 70a (or 72a cant remember what they sell) and my car shakes alot. i could only imagine it feels like a damn earthquake in your car. :rotfl: But they are amazing mounts and Hasport has amazing customer service as well.

· DRC AUTOMOTIVE
26 Posts
^ it would be pointless and probably make you feel sick lol. also, less engine movement puts more power to the wheels so you dont get as much, if any at all, wheel hop. it will benefit both drag racing and track racing. stiff mounts also sometimes help with fitment issues people have with their race headers hitting the sway bar.

· Registered
1,651 Posts
Hasport mounts aren't that bad on a daily. I feel people exaggerate all the time of the rattles and vibrations. They are definitely bearable. I had a full set of 70 hasport for about 20k miles and the only reason i took them out is because i was dumping too much money into my car.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hasport mounts aren't that bad on a daily. I feel people exaggerate all the time of the rattles and vibrations. They are definitely bearable. I had a full set of 70 hasport for about 20k miles and the only reason i took them out is because i was dumping too much money into my car.
Yeah but the ones I have they recommended not to be used on a daily. And their not too bad. Their tolerable and haha I'm dumping too much in mines right now. Cause I got it with litterally all suspension broken. 2nd gear pops out too. Idk how to go about that. And my abs lights on Idk how to fix that.

· DRC AUTOMOTIVE
26 Posts
^Flush your trans, I had second and third gear pop out intermittently, also sometimes 5th gear liked to get stuck. flushed it once and it felt a lot better, then a month later I flushed it again when I replaced my clutch, flywheel, cmc, and clutch cable. haven't had a problem since

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.