Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my revo short shifter today, i'm goin to install it on friday. i'll let u guys know if 3rd gear is any better. thats basically my main concern.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
The grind has nothing to do with the shifter if that is what you are talking about. The problem is with the syncros. That is something that would have to be fixed by Acura, but they continue to ignore the problem.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
What do you mean tell us if 3rd gear is any better? Short shifter does not make the car faster in any way it's just shorter throw when shifting

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i know it doesnt make it any faster i'm just hoping i get in gear faster so i can keep my rpms at a higher range

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
yeah the short shifter won't help your grind. My car used to have the 3rd gear grind til i recently brought it to my acura dealer. They rebuilt the tranny and it's all better. Unfortunately these trannies only let you mess up that 3rd gear shift a few times before she starts grinding. I suggest you get your shifting down before you get it fixed otherwise it won't be long before it happens again. Acura will cover it under warranty just bring them the car. As for the revo I love it. It definately makes your car faster in the 1/4 because it gets into gear alot faster. You'll notice the gears engage alot quicker with it. You should be able to shave atleast a 10th of a second off your 1/4 mile time. I ran a 15.7 with the neuspeed short throw adapter and a 15.5 with the revo. Probably had to do with colder weather and me learning to power shift but definately a good investment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info fellas. i dont grind in any gear tho, (sorry if there was a misunderstanding) i'm concerned about my third gear because as everyone knows, third gear doesnt really pull (compared to second). i got the short shifter cuz i'm hoping to engage in third faster. and as fast as i can shift from 2nd to 3rd, my rpm drops to just under 5... i'm hopin the short shifter can help stay higher in the rpm range. thanks again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
llwrdlfstyl said:
yeah the short shifter won't help your grind. My car used to have the 3rd gear grind til i recently brought it to my acura dealer. They rebuilt the tranny and it's all better. Unfortunately these trannies only let you mess up that 3rd gear shift a few times before she starts grinding. I suggest you get your shifting down before you get it fixed otherwise it won't be long before it happens again. Acura will cover it under warranty just bring them the car. As for the revo I love it. It definately makes your car faster in the 1/4 because it gets into gear alot faster. You'll notice the gears engage alot quicker with it. You should be able to shave atleast a 10th of a second off your 1/4 mile time. I ran a 15.7 with the neuspeed short throw adapter and a 15.5 with the revo. Probably had to do with colder weather and me learning to power shift but definately a good investment.

one more thing... how do u like ur shifter? i'm pretty anxious to install it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
installed the shifter yesterday and the install was pretty easy. the shifter is really nice. its a lil stiff so i added a little more grease than wat came with the shifter. i get in gear alot faster. i believe that the time it took me to shift from 2nd to 3rd (during a race) is the same as driving normally with the short shifter in. i'm very satisfied with it. third gear pulls just like second now, all i gotta do is just give a little gas during the shift from second to third and its pullin at 5.3 rpm.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Where is the cheapest place to get a revo?

·
tie - coorz
1,245 Posts
my acura dealer in south jersey didnt do shit to fix my tranny/synchros whatever.....they said theres only a service bulletin for 02 type-s's and my 03 base has just a normal shitty tranny, thats basically what they said. 'thats normal' yea my ass it is. anything i can do?

·
JDM in the Werks
816 Posts
stupid question but you can use your factory knob with the short shifter correct, i'm almost 100% you can

·
No longer an RSX owner...
2,820 Posts
Anyone have the DC Short Shift adapter... how do you like it. Should i get that or just go with the revo. I have heard though from people that the revos break after a little while....i dunno, what are some other short shifters that people like..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts