Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
I had this problem and my IAC valve went out.

· Registered
672 Posts
Mine started happening when I raced some guy. I have narrowed it down to the Idle Air Control Valve. But before you run off and replace that I would check for and Air Leaks.

· Registered
672 Posts
Why would a radiator leak cause the end of your car?

Anyway, here is a simple test to see if you have an airleak or a bad IACV. Disconnect the intake from the Throttle Body. Start the car and let it warm up to normal operating temp. Now with the car still running, use two fingers to cover the hole thats is right in front of the Throttle Body "Gate". This is the airway to the IACV. If you have a bad IAC valve like I did you should see (and hear) the RPM's drop dramatically and almost stall the car. If the RPM's do not drop or only drop slightly you have an air leak.

Note: This is the "Official" Acura test and will not harm your vehical. I got this procedure directly out of the RSX Service manual. Good luck.

· Registered
672 Posts
yeahi said:
from what u say i think its an air leak because it doesnt drop past 1k at all.
You did that test already?! Wow your quick. Anyway it does seam like a vacuum leak. I can stall my car when I do that test. Go buy some Ether and spray it around your gaskets. Especially around the intake manafold. When you hear your RPM's shoot up you have found the leak.

· Registered
672 Posts
I had a coolant leak on my Camry and I noticed the heat to clime. Thats when you pull over...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.