Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey quick question, what will cause the car to rev by itself when it is in neutral? was out driving home in the rain and everything was fine and dandy till i pulled into my parking spot and i put the car into park and it started to rev by itself, what can the cause of that be?

4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was driving fine and dandy all the time just minding my own business, then when i pulled into my complex i put the car in park and noticed that my car was revving, i dont know if it is from all the rain becuase i was driving through a lot of rain 2day for about an hour maybe.

4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dno i just went back out to check and i start the car, the correction is at lke 29% instead of 33%. Its idling at like 1400 then all of a sudden it rises to about 2k and drops back down to 1500 and it continues to do that in that cycle, up to 2k down to 1400, up and down.

4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmm really?? did it go away or anything? the damn rain man sooo much outta no where, im thinking rain got somewhere or something. Whats the status with yours? and will the revving cause anything bad to the car?

4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
yea i think its the same vacuum leak i had before, it prob. just got al il worse. Should get taken care of in a week.

Yea auto tranny revving on its own. The gauge falls as low as 25 sometimes, sometimes it even stays at 15. One confusing ass thing, but its a leak i think. Can be taken care of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.