Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
760 Posts
this happened to me with my old prelude.... it started reving up and down repeatedly when it was in nuetral.... it ended up being the radiator had a leak and yea end of m ycar....

· Registered
760 Posts
alphaSSmale said:
Why would a radiator leak cause the end of your car?

Anyway, here is a simple test to see if you have an airleak or a bad IACV. Disconnect the intake from the Throttle Body. Start the car and let it warm up to normal operating temp. Now with the car still running, use two fingers to cover the hole thats is right in front of the Throttle Body "Gate". This is the airway to the IACV. If you have a bad IAC valve like I did you should see (and hear) the RPM's drop dramatically and almost stall the car. If the RPM's do not drop or only drop slightly you have an air leak.

Note: This is the "Official" Acura test and will not harm your vehical. I got this procedure directly out of the RSX Service manual. Good luck.

wat happens when there is no radiator fluid?!?!?!?

yes i had a engine fire.... destroyed just about everything and 2 of my pistons cracked... or atleast thats wat i saw when the mechanic opened it up.... also i was infront of a ferrari when that happened and my girlfriend was behind the ferrari lol....

after that i get paranoid about my RSX and always check my temp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.