Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. my friend just recently added an rh to his 07 civic si in addition to his cai. the problem is that he feels barely any gains from it. and also i drove his car and its feels as if the rh was never there? and clues? i have a 06 S with a cai and we are dead even, we were dead even, even before he got his rh. he didnt get a defouler yet could this be the problem? and also he reset his ecu already.

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
He's not going to feel much with a stock catback, also, the lack of a defouler should do nothing in terms of performance, the secondary O2 just checks for a cat.

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
He's not going to feel much with a stock catback, also, the lack of a defouler should do nothing in terms of performance, the secondary O2 just checks for a cat.
With a raceheader and a full 2.5 Inch striaght through design exaust your looking at maybe 25 whp over stock.

·
Rice Picker
354 Posts
With a raceheader and a full 2.5 Inch striaght through design exaust your looking at maybe 25 whp over stock.
how much gain if i were to add the dcrh with intake and hks that i already have?

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
how much gain if i were to add the dcrh with intake and hks that i already have?
idk... 10-15whp? Its different on everycar. DC isn't exactly the best raceheader out there.... as a matter of fact, it sucks, its got the wrong pairings.

·
Rice Picker
354 Posts
idk... 10-15whp? Its different on everycar. DC isn't exactly the best raceheader out there.... as a matter of fact, it sucks, its got the wrong pairings.
i dont see much people who has problem with dc, i would get toda but no money.

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
with the rsx the intake free up a lot of hp but with the si the exhaust free up more hp

·
Registered
848 Posts
Still not bad for 300 bux. I'd love to have a SSR but $1000+ for a header? no thanks! DCRH still makes power, much better midrange on a SSR though.
Is he still running stock piping to the stock muff?? If so he needs to run a 2.5 from the header to the muffler.

·
Registered
848 Posts
with the rsx the intake free up a lot of hp but with the si the exhaust free up more hp
I'm actually running a 06 Si muffler on my type s. It was free and it sounds a helluva lot better. Could be my imagination but I think it makes a bit more power up top.

Have you heard that they are more restrictive than the 02-04 type s muffler????

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
let's not go over pairings again man, this was discussed in length on previous threads and if the pairings really were that wrong then other high end companies wouldn't use the same pairing. The runners are the problem with the DCRH and I believe it's smaller than other RH's.

but yes, the DCRH does suck, it's basically just an entry level mod essentially.

To the threadstarter, if he has a constant CEL then yes that could possibly be killing his power because the car will be attempting to compensate for a "problem" with the catalytic converter. I believe it dumps more fuel to prevent detonation (or "knock") and as you know, or should know, that adding more fuel with no addition to air will kill power.

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
I'm actually running a 06 Si muffler on my type s. It was free and it sounds a helluva lot better. Could be my imagination but I think it makes a bit more power up top.

Have you heard that they are more restrictive than the 02-04 type s motor????
that could be it yep

·
Registered
848 Posts
that could be it yep
oops, check my edit.

I meant to ask if the 06 si muffler is more restrictive than the 02-04 muffler

I did feel stronger. No dyno though. I've searched, asked, but no one seems to know if it is in fact better than the type s muffler.
I'd think that it would be.......

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
no i think the 02-04 muffler is more restrictive than the 06 si muffler. But i was talking about the whole exhaust. The 06 si are bigger than the 02-04.

Reactions: SiGuy
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.