Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta Serious Question its not for me cuz my car has a deep good sound to it Love K Series :) But my friend drives an 97 accord Ex and his exhaust sounds ricey as hell like is it the piping or the muffler itself like can yall plz explain this to me so i can get back to him

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
well if you don't tell us what exhaust he is using then we can't help you

·
Registered
25,817 Posts
wut the fuck. 5 1/2 inches. shoulda just saved the money and taken out the exhaust all together :dontknow:.

I laugh at stock hondas with a 3 in exhaust, fucking 5 and half is an insult to society.

·
Rotary Trooper
542 Posts
The reason it sounds high pitched is because of a drastic change in the diameter of the exhaust. it gets high pitched when it gets compressed in a small pipe. If you want a deep sound you need to have a consistent (or close) pipe all the way back from the motor.

·
My nose in your coke bag
2,917 Posts
so thats how you controll what the car is going to sound like? by the difference in the pipe? glad i know this now before i go and buy an exhaust, thats going to help me out alot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Most likely its the muffler.....if he has a cheap one it can sound more ricey....I have an revolution-autotechnic muffler and it has a deep sound...you should have him buy that one

·
( ‾ʖ̫‾)
34,537 Posts
new catback in order sir! i have 2.75, sure thats to much for the accord. as they have said 2.25/2.50 should be good.

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
BTW

It's Apex'i.... as in apex integration

the tip is 4 inches, not 5.5 lol... if its the n1

secondly, if it is the N1, they are loud as fawk... non k series hondas sound ricey to begin with, and a louder exhaust tends to amplify it... if its an axleback, that will only make things worse imo

·
Registered
805 Posts
Get the tanabe touring medalion. It's a straight-thru but is still pretty quiet (at least on my Integra).

Trust me, I can't stand the "rice" sound either. I don't like driving in a bee hive! :shakehead

1 - 19 of 19 Posts