Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Gymnast
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that i will get ripped on for this, but i would like to know why whenever someone want to put a decel or an aluminum wing spoiler on their car, they are autamatically branded a "Ricer." I honestly think that these cars with graphics and decels look nice. I also like some styles aluminum wings. Please someone clarify why these things are "Rice" things to do???

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Wangtang6911 said:
I think that i will get ripped on for this, but i would like to know why whenever someone want to put a decel or an aluminum wing spoiler on their car, they are autamatically branded a "Ricer." I honestly think that these cars with graphics and decels look nice. I also like some styles aluminum wings. Please someone clarify why these things are "Rice" things to do???
Here in Michigan things like this abound. It's perfectly normal for a otherwise stock Ford Taurus to rock an aluminum wing or for a Grand Am 4cyl auto to rock a Type R badge. I've seen it all.
The reason it's called rice is because it's cheap, tacky, tasteless and simlply horrendous to look at.
Everyone's definition of "rice" seems to be different, but for the most part it's close enough to what I have stated.
BTW, we still on to hit up the drag strip/autoX this spring?:thumbsup:

·
Gymnast
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Rice" around in these areas are pretty bad if you put it that way. I hate all the cavaliers and shit around here with spoilers and Type-S stickers. There are also people who have Civic EX's that put Si stickers on them.

By the way, you gonna go to the auto show this year? when is the auto show this year??? I think i heard somewhere that it is open to the public from Jan 10 to the 17. If that is so I think im gonna go next weekend.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Wangtang6911 said:
"Rice" around in these areas are pretty bad if you put it that way. I hate all the cavaliers and shit around here with spoilers and Type-S stickers. There are also people who have Civic EX's that put Si stickers on them.

By the way, you gonna go to the auto show this year? when is the auto show this year??? I think i heard somewhere that it is open to the public from Jan 10 to the 17. If that is so I think im gonna go next weekend.
I'm definately going to the autoshow. Gonna take lots of pics. Hopefully there will be some cool shit this year.

·
Gymnast
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, MugenHonda, I think I have seen your BMW driving on the freeway once. Do you drive rather quickly and like to weave through traffic. If so, im pretty sure it was you. Oh, and that would be awesome to go to a drag strip or autoX course this spring. Slow Camaro and I have always been looking for a track around here. I'm telling you right now though, my car is bone stock and i'm not the best driver in the world.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Wangtang6911 said:
By the way, MugenHonda, I think I have seen your BMW driving on the freeway once. Do you drive rather quickly and like to weave through traffic. If so, im pretty sure it was you. Oh, and that would be awesome to go to a drag strip or autoX course this spring. Slow Camaro and I have always been looking for a track around here. I'm telling you right now though, my car is bone stock and i'm not the best driver in the world.
Highly unlikely that I was going fast and weaving. Where did you see this BMW and was it beige?

·
Kompressor
9,596 Posts
Honda Badges on a Chevy S-10....Rolling with a White SAturn 4-door, and it had Type R stickers Acorss the whole thing, and a HUUUGGE aluminum wing... but i saved the best for last, he was driving with Blue strobe lights Inside the car, so i lookd closer and the strobes were ON top of the Dash... i was like, dude your going to crash...

·
Gymnast
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK i see what you guys mean. It just seems, sometimes, that whenever someone gets an aluminum wing spoiler or altezza taillights, they are automatically classified as a ricer.

by the way, how do you quote???

·
Registered
176 Posts
botton on the bottom right of someones post

or {quote}what u want to quote{/quote} with ['s instead of {'s

rice comes from rice bag, rice rocket, etc, which i beleive was coined because something cheap and crappy that comes from japan might as well be a "rice bag"... and all those type r, or japanese letter emblems are too japanese and therefore rice

about why aluminum and altezzas are considered rice? i think rice evolved into a more general meaning of ugly and crappy, and teh general consensus about aluminum spoilers and altezzas is that...well... they are ugly

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Altezza lights = tacky, cheap, UGLY
Aluminum wings = tacky, cheap, UGLY (unless they serve a purpose, like on Japanese JGTC cars or highly tuned street cars... ie a 600whp Rido Supra or the like.)
even then, their wings are made of Carbon Fiber.

·
Kompressor
9,596 Posts
Mugglewump said:
botton on the bottom right of someones post

or {quote}what u want to quote{/quote} with ['s instead of {'s

rice comes from rice bag, rice rocket, etc, which i beleive was coined because something cheap and crappy that comes from japan might as well be a "rice bag"... and all those type r, or japanese letter emblems are too japanese and therefore rice

about why aluminum and altezzas are considered rice? i think rice evolved into a more general meaning of ugly and crappy, and teh general consensus about aluminum spoilers and altezzas is that...well... they are ugly
Rice comes from Rice-burner... a term used awhile ago for Japanese made cars... (Japan makes rice, therfore japan can't make cars, so jap cars = riceburner.) thats what people thought, and therefore we get the term Rice-burner. This later evolved into RICE because in todays new-age, there isn't enough time to type RICE-burner, so its just Rice.

you can check out some def. of stuff if you ever get bored @ www.urbandictionary.com

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
RICE is in the eye of the beholder... Anytime someone sees a mod they don't like, they cry rice.

Rice can be anything and everything. Do what you like, its your car...

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
What up Wang?

Rice; To take a piece of shit (old civics, cavaliers, probe gt), even if it is new and try to make it into something its not with after market parts.

OR

Taking a nice car and turning it into a piece of shit by modifying the body w/out discresion.

Both of these defenitions are vague as any definition will be for "rice". It's all a matter of taste. You saw my car, many ******** would consider it rice - even w/o the body kit

your taste and others will always be changing over time

Almost got my custom stereo bezel done - going to paint it next week (titanium trim color) - want to show you it.

Later
D

Attachments

·
28,748 Posts
'Rice' is way to over used. Many people call things that they think are tacky and/or ugly rice insead of just saying 'that's ugly' or whatever.

IMO rice is things like, as mentioned above, false badging and the like. There's a Mercury Sable here with a huge ass DC SPorts banner. That's rice. His chrome wheel covers aren't rice - just tacky.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Theres a kid in my area who has an older Mazda 626 with an exhaust and an aluminum wing. Everytime I see him he's driving like he stole something. This IMO is Rice

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cam

My camaro has a huge aluminum wing on the hood. it is very pimpin yo dawg. i am not called ricer becuz of this, homie. i think it is just a non american car thing foozach

·
Gymnast
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
never mind slow camaro, that kid is a retard. my car is the one in the middle of his sig. Dhack, do you live in holland or grand haven??? I live in spring lake. We should run down 31 sometime.

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
simsim said:
Rice comes from Rice-burner... a term used awhile ago for Japanese made cars... (Japan makes rice, therfore japan can't make cars, so jap cars = riceburner.) thats what people thought, and therefore we get the term Rice-burner. This later evolved into RICE because in todays new-age, there isn't enough time to type RICE-burner, so its just Rice.

you can check out some def. of stuff if you ever get bored @ www.urbandictionary.com

:thumbsup:
false...rice comes from back in the day when japanese sport bikes (crotchrockets) came to the US...all the harley guys would call all the honda/jap bike guys that and since some 4cyl cars sounded similar to these bikes, the word transferred over

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.