Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
@AllMotorRy
2003 Acura Rsx Type-S
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You dweebs can skip the novel.

Today's the day. I'm fed up with Facebook, the people, the politics, the marketplace... all of it. That being said I'm coming back to the forums. Car has gone through a plethora of changes over the years. But this is the car's current state. In my old age of 25 I've come to find out I'm sick of most aftermarket parts and went 95% OEM this time around!

Little background on myself. I've been around the chassis since 2005. I lurked the forums as soon as I was able to understand how to use a computer. I joined in 09, my father owned the car before me (22k Miles). I've owned the car since late 2010 (127k Miles). Been obsessed with this chassis since being a child and seeing the commercials, brochures, and cars on the showroom floor. I know these things inside and out and have owned a few others in the past 10 years. But this car specifically has been with me through it all (Currently 158k Miles). I have won so many awards with this thing and have done pretty much everything myself all the time. Mod list and Pics below!

2003 Acura RSX Type S Tuned by D-Rob @ Innovative MotorWorks 222hp/161ftlbs

Exterior:
OEM DC5R Front Lip
OEM DC5R Side Skirts
OEM DC5R Rear Lip
OEM DC5R Wing
OEM Modulo Deck Lid
OEM DC5R Hid Headlights
OEM DC5R Taillights
OEM DC5R Side Markers
OEM DC5 Integra Badge
OEM DC5 TypeR Badge
OEM DC5R Side Decals
OEM DC5R Honda Emblems
OEM DC5R Brake Ducts
OEM DC5R Power Folding Mirrors
OEM Honda Access Window Visors

Interior:
OEM DC5R MOMO Steering Wheel
OEM DC5 Red Carpet
OEM DC5R Center Console
OEM DC5R Shift Knob
OEM DC5R Parking Brake
OEM DC5R Shift Boot
OEM DC5R Door Panels
OEM DC5R Red Recaro Seats
OEM DC5R Rear Seats
OEM DC5R Road Flare
OEM DC5R Coin Pocket
OEM DC5R Modulo Door Sills
OEM DC5R Modulo Interior Trim
OEM Ep3R Hazzard Switch
Spoon Sports Rear View Mirror
Strut King DC5R Style Pedals

Wheels/Tires:
Enkei PF01SS 17x9 +60
Toyo R888 255/40/17
BWR Black Aluminum Lugs
Or
OEM DC5R Wheels 17x7 +60
Uniroyal Tiger Paw 225/50/17
H & R 25mm Spacers

Suspension and Brakes:
Tein Super Street Coilovers
Tein Upper Piller Ball Mounts
K-Sport Rear Camber Kit
Wilwood Dynalite BBK
Wilwood Stainless Steel Brake Hoses
ABS Delete

Engine/Performance:
Shaved Valve Cover
Ported Black RBC
70mm Hybrid Racing Throttle Body
Hybrid Racing Fuel Rail
Hondata Kpro V3
OEM DC5R Dip Stick
Hday Top 100 Oil Cap
Twist Battery Relocator
Tucked Fuse Box
Deleted Cruise Control
Polished A/C Lines
ClubRSX Reservoir Cover
DC Sports Ceramic Race Header
Apexi-N1 Catback Exhaust
Password JDM Carbon Fiber Intake
Rear Innovative Steal 75a Mount
Front Energy Suspension Mount Insert
Stock Side Mounts
P/S Delete Pulley
EP3 Electronic Power Steering

Trans:
Z3 Trans (4.7 FD And LSD)
Hybrid Racing V3 Dust Red Shifter
EM2 Clutch Master Cylinder
Competition Stage 2 Kevlar Clutch
Competition Stage 2 Ultra Light Weight 8lb Flywheel
Mtec Industries Race Springs
Aluminum Shifter Bushings

·
Registered
262 Posts
Too clean man 👍🏼👍🏼 Same myself, been off of FB for 7 years and temporarily off of IG for almost a year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm still on facebook, and I see you posting and I can definitely understand why you're fed up with it lol, I've admired your DC5 from afar, keep it clean !

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Love the detail. Definitely a clean build. I had to delete myself from one of the FB groups because of such immature comments. People just want to argue about meaningless things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks soooo amazing and clean man. I want to get mine to this level of cleanliness one day but I still have a long way to go. The body for mine came with a few dings and scratches here and there but the rust is a lot less than other dc5s where I live.

My type s is also silver, so this is a good example for me of the kind of look I'm going for.

Really great ride.

·
Super Moderator
259,451 Posts
Love everything about this car. Really makes me want to find a set of ITR wheels.

Original paint?

·
cyprus
2,881 Posts
First time I've logged in here in years and I'm happy to see you and Spaz still at it. I'm looking to pick up a project DC5 or EP3. Got any good leads?

·
:)
15,544 Posts
beautiful car man!

·
Always on TDY...
2,179 Posts
Flawless victory 👍

Welcome back, Sir!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow wow wow!! Definitely the look I’m going for! I’m picking up a silver one tomorrow if everything’s goes well!! Can’t wait!! 🕺🏻🕺🏻

·
@AllMotorRy
2003 Acura Rsx Type-S
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Too clean man 👍🏼👍🏼 Same myself, been off of FB for 7 years and temporarily off of IG for almost a year.
Thanks!

Super clean and a good example, good to see you on the OG forum, getting tired of facebook groups myself
Appriciate it man! forums will always trump FB groups.

I'm still on facebook, and I see you posting and I can definitely understand why you're fed up with it lol, I've admired your DC5 from afar, keep it clean !
Man these new guys are ridiculous.

Love the detail. Definitely a clean build. I had to delete myself from one of the FB groups because of such immature comments. People just want to argue about meaningless things.
Thanks for the kind words. Tried to get all the little things I could jdm wise... still missing the push start and other odds and ends.

t's attention to detail that makes the difference. Well done.
Nice to see people notice the small details! Thanks

Looks soooo amazing and clean man. I want to get mine to this level of cleanliness one day but I still have a long way to go. The body for mine came with a few dings and scratches here and there but the rust is a lot less than other dc5s where I live.

My type s is also silver, so this is a good example for me of the kind of look I'm going for.

Really great ride.
Between my father and I, we have really tried to keep it nice through the years. Cant wait to see yours progress!

looks awesome! OEM+ is the way to go for sure.
This is definitely my favorite look Ive done with the car! Thanks

Very nice work, love the passion that you have for your ride.
Im Honda/Acura for life. I like to consider myself more than a car guy.. I have a TRUE passion for Honda as a brand. Its all I own.

Love everything about this car. Really makes me want to find a set of ITR wheels.

Original paint?
Paint on most of the car is original or close too it. Really the only new paint is the front bumper, and DC5R lip kit, and wing.
Very nice. I'm not doing much more to mine, but it's a base so there's that. Very nice looking car though. 👍
Dont let it being a base stop you from doing what you want... I too have a base as well aside from this car and love it just as much.

First time I've logged in here in years and I'm happy to see you and Spaz still at it. I'm looking to pick up a project DC5 or EP3. Got any good leads?
There is a CLEAN ep3 on fb with low miles in silver, not sure if youre looking for a good example to start or something a little rough. Thanks for the kind words.

beautiful car man!
Thanks!

Flawless victory 👍

Welcome back, Sir!
Im here to stay!

Wow wow wow!! Definitely the look I’m going for! I’m picking up a silver one tomorrow if everything’s goes well!! Can’t wait!! 🕺🏻🕺🏻
Cant wait to see yours!

Your car looks great man! Where did you get most of the parts?
A lot of the parts came from ICB.. and a few of the bigger things I got local off of FB Market place.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts