Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ROADTRIP: Import Alliance Sept 17&18 "Banked turns, Blind curves & Hill climbs"

Its that time of the year again...Road Trip Time :vtec: I hope this becomes an annual Canada East event. After 2 successful road trips in the last 11 months. Its time to do it up again!

For those who missed out on the Mount Washington & Tail of the Dragon. Join us for one heck of a drive down to Baltimore for Import Alliance 2011. This is one of the largest meets on the East Coast; 1000-2000 cars will be attending.

This WILL BE a driver oriented trip, prepare to drive fast. Backseat drivers need not apply and leave the wifeys at home :laughing: We will follow the route Ted recommended from last years A.C. Trip. Its one of the most scenic twistiest set of roads along the East.

CarBox Industries will be joining us and would like to extend an exclusive I.A. Roadtrip special offer to those who need an upgrade to their audio system, vinyl wrap, window tint or retrofit. Norb can be reached at (647) 403-4211.

Sailun Tires has also kindly extended an offer of discounted tires to whoever would like to join us for the most amazing drive along the East Coast! Email Humphrey at [email protected]

We will be rigging up the cars with multiple Go Pros to document the trip. As some of you have seen my teaser from Tail of the Dragon, its a lot of fun. http://youtu.be/0KyrZkBGnZU

If you're interested in coming I would recommend booking your hotel room right away as over 1000 tuners will be in the area that weekend. You can always cancel your reservation 24-48hrs in advance without penalty.

The cost of gas will run around $200 and hotel is $115+tx. Split that between you and your co-driver and that's one EPIC weekend! :beerchug:

*Bring your Passport*

*Bring a FRS radio if you have one, cuts down on cellphone charges*

Import Alliance, Baltimore Meet Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=265789850101394

September 17 - Saturday
9:00am - Meet at Square One Tim Horton's: 151 City Centre Drive, Mississauga
8:00pm - Arrive in Baltimore, Maryland. Check-in at Holiday Inn Express
9:00pm - Hit the bars

September 18 - Sunday
7:00am - Wake up
7:30am - Breakfast
8:30am - Roll out
9:00am - Import Alliance meet at 2001 Kloman St. Baltimore, Maryland
5:00pm - Head home
2:00am - Arrive home

Description of the route:
Pennsylvania State Route 44 – 60+ miles without one stop sign and almost no driveways or intersections. Much of this route is in total seclusion surrounded by nothing but trees and wildlife. No traffic whatsoever. A very nice mix of incredible, ever changing scenery and varying road conditions – it’s never boring.

Pennsylvania State Route 125 – One of the best motorcycle roads in Pennsylvania! PERIOD. Huge amounts of twisties, many 180 degree banked turns, blind curves, hill climbs, etc… This road is, in two words, ‘driver’s paradise’… This road is simply the best twisty road within two and one half hours drive of New York City. This is the ‘Tail of the Dragon’ of the northeast.

The combination of Gold Mine road and PA 125 is very much like a roller-coaster ride, with a series of very steep climbs and descents with sharp corners at the top and the bottom, with a few rolling hills and gentle corners mixed-in for good measure.

Map of route there and back (click on map for details):

For any questions, contact me at HondaCC2 at Gmail.com

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the moment two, but a lot of "maybes" due to the weather.

I'm looking forward to the twisties, I just ordered a set of Bridgestone RE-11.

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trip will be postponed, I broke an inverted tie rod on the weekend. :firemad: Parts won't be in on time to make the trip

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts