Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FALL / WINTER 2014

SUMMER 2014

Hi everyone :) New member to this forum. I've actually been a lurker for the last 6 months or so, but didn't want to post any photos of my then 100% stock DC5!

I have an '05 RSX Type-S that I had purchased on December 2013. I bought it with a 3rd gear grind issue, and a somewhat major dent on the passenger side quarter panel. I fixed the dent, and drove the car as-is, with the goal of keeping the car stock...Lasted about 4 months before I cracked and got right into it! :rolleyes:

This is what the car looked like when I had first purchased it:

The only mod the car had was the cheap Ebay Shift knob & shift boot :thumbsdow The Mugen pedals I had taken out from my old car and installed them on this car at the time the photo was taken!

After I snapped and realized that there was no way I could own a DC5 and left it stock, I decided to rebuild the transmission to fix the 3rd gear grind issue, and that's when the modding bug hit...To make a long story short, here is my mod list:

ENGINE
- Innovative 75A Motor Mounts
- Injen Cold Air Intake w/ Hydro Shield
- JDM DC5 Integra Type-R Valve Cover
- SPOON Sports Radiator Cap
- SPOON Sports Carbon Kevlar Plug Cover
- SPOON Sports Magnetic Drain Plug
- SPOON Sports Engine Torque Damper
- MUGEN N1 70mm Race Exhaust System

TRANSMISSION
- MFactory LSD w/ Stage 1 Racepack
- Synchrotech Master Rebuild Kit w/ Carbon Coated Synchros
- MTEC Race Shift Springs
- SPOON Sports 5.062 Final Drive
- SPOON Sports Magnetic Drain Plug
- Exedy Stage 1 Clutch Kit
- Exedy 8.9lbs Flywheel
- OEM EM2 Clutch Master Cylinder
- Rywire Clutch Line
- Hybrid Racing Shifter Cables
- Hybrid Racing Shifter Assembly
- K-Tuned Shifter Cable Bracket

INTERIOR
- JDM DC5 Integra Type-R Recaro SR4 seats
- JDM DC5 Integra Type-R Gauge Cluster
- JDM DC5 Integra Type-S Door Sill Badges
- Works Bell Short Hub
- Works Bell Rapfix QRS Quick Release
- OMP WRC 350mm Steering wheel (Black Leather / Red Stitching)
- JDM NA2 NSX Type-R Horn Button
- Titanium M4 Steering Wheel Bolts
- JDM Seeker Ti 600g 6-speed Shfit Knob
- JDM SW20 Black Leather w/ Red Stitching Shift Boot
- SPOON Sports Blue-Tinted Rear View Mirror Lens
- MUGEN Manual Pedal Set
- MUGEN Rear View Mirror Cover

EXTERIOR
- JDM DC5 "H" Front & Rear Emblems
- JDM DC5 "Integra" Emblem
- JDM DC5 "Type-S" Front Grill Badge
- JDM DC5 "Type-S" Trunk Badge
- JDM DC5 Integra Amber Sidemarker Lights
- OEM DC5 A-Spec Front Lip
- MUGEN Front Tow Hook
- SPOON Sports Carbon Fiber Mirrors w/ Blue-Tinted Lens
- Speedstar Racing Front Plate Relocation Bracket
- JDM Special Edition Honda Verno Windshield Banner
- Eagle Eyes headlights w/ FX-R 3" HID Projectors + Modded Lens
- TEIN Hood Dampers

FOOTWORK (SUSPENSION/BRAKES)
- BC Racing BR-Type Coilovers w/ Custom Swift Springs & Shock valving [16kg/mm Front ; 28kg/mm Rear]
- JDM DC5 Integra Type-R Front Sway Bar
- JDM DC5 Integra Type-R Aluminum Front Lower Control Arms
- Buddy Club Roll Center Adjuster
- Superpro Front Lower Control Arm Bushings w/ Caster Correction
- Whiteline Front Camber Bolts
- Skunk2 Pro Series Rear Camber Kit
- DV Race Modified OEM Tie-Rods
- SPOON Sports Rigid Collar Kit
- Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- Powerslot Front & Rear Slotted Rotors
- Project Mu Type-HC Front & Rear Brake Pads

WHEELS/TIRES
- JDM 17x9.5" SSR Type-C wheels w/ 255/40R17 Dunlop Direzza ZII
- JDM WORK RS Lug Nuts
- JDM 17x9" ADVAN RS w/ 245/40ZR17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 [WINTER]
- JDM Muteki Lug Nuts [WINTER]
- JDM Ichiba V2 15mm Wheel Spacers [WINTER]

ELECTRONICS
- Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH Head Unit
- OEM Matsushita HID Ballasts
- OSRAM CBI D2S 5500K HID Bulbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Future Build List

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN
- TODA Race Exhaust Manifold
- TODA Timing Chain & Tensioner
- TODA Oil Pump Chain
- SPOON Sports Oil Cap
- SPOON Sports Metal Head Gasket
- SPOON Sports Baffled Oil Pan
- JDM FD2 RRC Intake Manifold
- Hybrid Racing 70mm Throttle Body
- K-Tuned TPS Sensor
- OEM RDX 410cc injectors
- Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
- Speedlab Surge Tank

INTERIOR
- JDM DC5 Push Start Button
- OEM AP1 S2000 Gauge Cluster

EXTERIOR
- OEM DC5 Window Visors
- JDM DC5 Integra Type-R Bumper Vents
- MUGEN Rear Tow Hook *acquired*
- MUGEN Rear Spoiler
- Buddy Club Carbon Fiber Hood

FOOTWORK (SUSPENSION/BRAKES)
- DV Race Caster / Camber Plates
- Hardrace Rear Trailing Arm Bushings
- Prothane Rear Suspension Bushings
- Function7 Rear Lower Control Arms
- Function7 Rear Subframe Brace
- SPOON Sports Monoblock Brake Calipers

ELECTRONICS
- HONDATA K-Pro V4 Engine Management System *acquired*
- Innovate MTX-L Wideband O2 Sensor
- Compustar Pro 2-Way 901 Alarm System

Nothing too fancy, as I had promised myself never to build another crazy project car for a very long time. I didn't really have any specific goals for this car, other than for it to have a good & functional wheel fitment, and worthy handling for both the street and the track. Which literally means no stretching tires, and no ridiculous negative camber.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
A couple months in after I had purchased the car, I spotted these SSR Type-C wheels for sale, and I just had to get them. I then upgraded the suspension and dialed everything in to make sure the wheels would fit with no rubbing issues or whatsoever, even with 255/40/17 tires all around.

After all is said and done, this is what the car looks like as of last week!

I will take photos of the engine bay and interior later on, but they are not much to look at! If all goes according to plan, I will have a set of red DC5 Recaro seats arriving sometime next week, and I will take photos after they are installed. I have a track day coming up on Sept. 9th, and the OEM Leather seats would definitely need to be upgraded.

Anyway, I just thought I'd introduce myself, and my car, and I hope that I'd get a chance to meet a lot of the members on here and contribute to the forum as well. I hope I will be able to learn from all of you as I continue to put more work on my DC5!

Here are a few pics of my previous project cars:

(2002-2009) 1990 Honda Accord with H22A4 swap, full wire tuck, full spherical bearings to replace suspension bushings, custom chassis reinforcement braces, Wilwood Superlite Big Brake Kit, 17x9" +20 Work Meister S1, one off Greddy front lip, few weight reduction parts that brought the curb weight down to 2,750lbs with me in it..

(2010-2012) 1993 Track-prepped Honda Prelude with JDM F20B swap w/ bolt-ons, Quaife LSD, MFactory 4.64FD, tuned to 200whp and 165 ft/lbs, full wire tuck, custom BC Racing Coilovers with 18kg/mm Front & 12kg/mm Rear spring rates with short stroke, 27mm Rear sway bar, 17x8.5" Volk Racing TE37 running 245/40/17 tires up front, Chargespeed front lip, Recaro SPA Carbon Kevlar bucket seat, A bunch of carbon parts that brought the curb weight down to 2,500lbs with me in it !

(2012-2013) STi-swapped 2000 Subaru Legacy Outback Wagon, running '05 USDM STi EJ257 powertrain with built 5-speed transmission. Upgraded TMIC, header, downpipe, COBB Accessport, Quaife LSD, pushing just under 350whp and 300ft/lbs of torque. Plenty of super rare exterior parts such as Ganador mirrors, Works Bell CF hood, STi V-Limited Front Lip w/ OEM rubber skirt, and JDM Kouki taillights. Custom BC Racing Coilovers with 16kg/mm Swift springs all around, 18x9" Work Meister S1R in Glim Silver finish that I ordered straight from Work Wheels Japan. One of my dream cars that I unfortunately had to let go because I've learned that I'm just not a Subaru guy!

·
Registered
80 Posts
very clean, clearly have good taste in modding from the looks of your previous projects:thumbsup:

·
Bone stock, eh
171 Posts
Hi Ronald,

Nice car(s)!

Did you happen to have your transmission work done at Garage Five a month or two ago? And how are you liking the mFactory LSD?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

car is looking great. I love how the headlights have the red like the verno banner
Those are actually amber, not sure why they showed up red on the photos lol!

very clean, clearly have good taste in modding from the looks of your previous projects:thumbsup:
very nice. digging the previous cars as well.
nice car.
Nice cars man, you have great taste.
That accord is awesome..
Love the outback!
Thanks guys! Definitely learned a lot from all my previous project cars, in terms of what to do, and more importantly, what NOT to do! Haha :thumbsup:

Nice stuff. Still haven't seen your DC5 in person. I used to see your Legacy all over Coquitlam.
Hey man, thanks! Yeah my gf moved to Rmd from Coquitlam, so I don't go in that area anymore..

Hello Ronald, looking good there. Check out canada west section

Sam
Hey man! Haha ok will do, didn't know such section exists!

Hi Ronald,

Nice car(s)!

Did you happen to have your transmission work done at Garage Five a month or two ago? And how are you liking the mFactory LSD?
Thanks man! Yes I did! MFactory LSD, so far so good, definitely no complaints. Once it has been broken in, it works great, although I've only tested it on the street. I'll be going to the Ridge on Sept. 9th, so we will see how it performs on the track then!

So that was your CB7!

I demand more photos of that car!!
Haha yes it is! Or WAS, I should say..I'm sure my build thread on CB7Tuner is still out there somewhere, I will find it and send you the link!

Looks good, how do the bc's ride? Thinking about getting a set.
BC's ride great man, I can't complain! This is my 4th set, I've been running them on all my previous project cars, both on the streets and on the track, all with custom spring rates and custom valving. Their off-the-shelf coilovers are a hit and miss, but with the custom valving, you honestly can't go wrong! This particular set for the DC5 is running custom Swift springs, 16kg/mm front, and 28kg/mm rear, and they ride great! I will test them out at the track on Sept. 9th and see how they would perform then :)

If you're thinking about getting a set, DEFINITELY get custom spring rates and get them to re-valve the shocks for you! Pick relatively stiff spring rates though, because if you order within 2kg/mm of the off-the-shelf rates, they won't revalve the shocks for you.

Hope that answers your question!

Ronald

·
Vietnamese Singer
28,049 Posts
You'll love the Ridge, I've been trying to get some of my friends to go with me up there as well, but you know how it goes, no time or money or conflicting schedules lol. Enjoy it man! I'll probably go next year.. Stay local in case something breaks :sigh:

·
Bone stock, eh
171 Posts
Thanks man! Yes I did! MFactory LSD, so far so good, definitely no complaints. Once it has been broken in, it works great, although I've only tested it on the street. I'll be going to the Ridge on Sept. 9th, so we will see how it performs on the track then!
Ronald
I also had the mFactory stage 1 LSD put in my car at Garage Five this summer, and the guy (Robert?) was saying that they were rebuilding a transmission for another RSX the week after me. I haven't had much of a chance to push the diff yet either (I've mostly been road-tripping with the girlfriend since it was installed).

Anyway, nice to see a local with the mod bug! Have fun with the car :) :vtec:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
You'll love the Ridge, I've been trying to get some of my friends to go with me up there as well, but you know how it goes, no time or money or conflicting schedules lol. Enjoy it man! I'll probably go next year.. Stay local in case something breaks :sigh:
Honestly, that is currently my biggest fear! The Ridge itself is a good 4 hour drive from home for me. Had anything gone wrong at the track, I wouldn't even know what to do! I will try not to push the car too too hard, but it is track day after all..It'd be stupid not to push the car hard! Haha..

Looking good Ron. Hope to see you on the street sooon!
Thanks a lot! I look forward to meeting local CRSX members..Other than Sam and Jordan, I really don't know anyone else! :laughat:

I also had the mFactory stage 1 LSD put in my car at Garage Five this summer, and the guy (Robert?) was saying that they were rebuilding a transmission for another RSX the week after me. I haven't had much of a chance to push the diff yet either (I've mostly been road-tripping with the girlfriend since it was installed).

Anyway, nice to see a local with the mod bug! Have fun with the car :) :vtec:
Haha yes that would be me! And he also mentioned to me that they were rebuilding another RSX trans right before mine, and he called me crazy afterwards because I also did the Spoon 5.062FD, all new shift forks, new 3rd gearset, Synchrotech master rebuild kit, clutch, flywheel, Spoon rigid collar kit, and Innovative 75A motor mounts lol..

What else did you install other than the MFactory Stage 1 LSD? Mine was making this weird grinding/clunking noise during slight turning when it was first installed, but went away after break-in period and transmission flush :)

----------------------

Just another photo I took last week on a super quick photoshoot..I'm planning on doing A-Spec rear lip soon, as well as fixing the blemishes on the rear bumper, and installing Mugen rear tow hook..Maybe after track day! Still undecided whether I want to get OEM A-Spec rear spoiler, Mugen rear spoiler, or go full retard and get a Voltex 1600mm wing lol!

If anyone knows someone who is selling an aftermarket vented hood (Buddy Club, Shift Sports, J's) please let me know, I'd be really interested!

Ronald

1 - 20 of 62 Posts