21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Clean ride :fistbump:
Perfect execution.
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words!

not sure if this has been covered, what what is the specs on the ssr's?
They are 17x9.5" +20 all around :)

Full retard to match loong's ITR.

good pics nice car :) :fistbump:
lol yea yea, some days I'm tempted, but I think this one is staying "stock" ish..Maybe A-Spec rear spoiler, or Mugen if I can get my hands on one! Thanks bro :thumbsup:

Looking good! Be sure to check the Canada west chat too!! :D
Will do!!

--------------------------------------

Finally got a chance to snap a few detailed shots of both my interior and my engine bay..Nothing fancy, really, just a touch of JDM parts here and there. I am expecting to receive a set of DC5R Red Recaro seats by the end of this week, and if all goes well, they would be installed over the weekend, and I would be ready for track day!

Here are a few quick shots of my interior..

A few engine bay shots..

And just a few random shots..(please excuse the dirty wheels, I could not drive 100kms without turning the wheels bronze, thanks to the Project Mu Type-HC brake pads :shakehead )

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just a few photos that I took a couple of weeks ago while upgrading the braking system and inspecting the footwork, to make sure everything is good for the upcoming track day.

A spare set of '06 OEM Type-S brake calipers I found that I was planning on cleaning and painting..

Superpro bushings w/ Caster correction installed on the DC5R Aluminum Front Lower Control Arms..

BC Racing coilovers with custom spring rates, shock valving, and straight steering arms to prevent / eliminate bump steer without having to run inverted tie-rods..

16kg/mm Front, 28kg/mm Rear

Before..

After..

This car is almost ready for the track. Just waiting for Recaro seats to arrive!! More to come soon :thumbsup:

Ronald

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Wow, clean car man. Looks great.
Thanks man!

I remember you from cb7tuner way back! Good to see you here bro
Oh wow haha good to see another CB7T member on here!!

Finally got myself a decent CPL filter for my camera over the weekend, so I snapped a few quick shots. Perfect timing because I just received these seats and installed them. They were pretty filthy when I received them, so I spent a good 4 hours scrubbing them, and another 12 hours drying them. But they look so much better when clean!

I honestly love how these seats feel, so much better than the OEM leather Type-S seats. Honda should've ran these seats from the factory in North America too!

I am officially ready for the track now. I will post track day pics and footage next week :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I spent some time inspecting the car today, making sure it's good to go for the track on Tuesday. Everything looks good; suspension, brakes, tires, fluids, steering, all seems to check out. I'm curious to see how this car drives at the track!

Action photos and videos of the car coming soon :)

·
Hops
347 Posts
Looking Good Ronald :thumbsup:

Have fun at the track tomorrow!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Thanks guys!

As promised, here are a few photos and footage of last week's Track Day! This was my very first time racing at The Ridge. Overall it was a blast, I went to the track not really knowing what to expect of this car, and this car seriously surprised me. Everything on the car worked really well together; the gearing, the LSD, the suspension setup (spring rates, camber setup), the wheel setup, the brakes, the tires..I really couldn't complain!

I was a bit worried about the lack of aero on the car, but that quickly disappeared after the first few laps. The car oversteers just enough under heavy braking for me to easily rotate the car around the corners, while the MFactory LSD literally eliminates understeer and pulls the car in around every corner. I could barely break traction with these 255 Dunlop ZII, and I didn't even get to boil the brakes!

In total, I had 7 sessions, at about 20-30mins each session. I sat one session out, but 6 sessions still gave me a good 55 laps total! The ONLY issue I had with the car was fuel cut on long sweeping left turn when I have less than half a tank of gas lol but other than that, everything worked great, and I couldn't wait to go back next year.

Some of the things on the car I would like to upgrade for next year:

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN
- JDM RRC Intake Manifold
- OEM RDX 410cc injectors
- SPOON Sports 70mm Throttle Body
- TODA Exhaust Manifold
- J's Racing 70RR Catback Exhaust
- SPOON Baffled Oil Pan
- TODA Timing Chain & Tensioner

INTERIOR
- Recaro RS-W Driver Seat

EXTERIOR
- MUGEN Rear Spoiler

FOOTWORK (SUSPENSION/BRAKES)
- Hardrace Rear Trailing Arm Bushings
- Prothane Rear Suspension Bushings
- SPOON Sports Monoblock Brake Calipers

ELECTRONICS
- Hondata K-Pro

WHEELS/TIRES
- 255/40/17 R-Comp Tires

If I can push 220-230whp after tune, and run 255/40/17 R-Comp tires all around to get even more grip, I think I will be able to shave a good 7 seconds off my time, hang with the big boys and hit 2:00 at The Ridge :) We shall see how next year goes!

In the mean time, here are the photos, and a video of Session 4. Let's play a game and count the STis? :laughing::vtec:

CLICK HERE to see the video!

This one photo here pretty much sums up my experience for this track day. I just love putting pressure on more powerful cars at the track!

·
Registered
124 Posts
CB7 was my very first car. Seeing yours makes me miss mine!!

Awesome job with the DC5. Looks amazing, man!

·
Hops
347 Posts
Thanks for sharing the track video, looked like a fun session.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Damn, man, I was wondering what happened to you after I heard you were parting out the Prelude! I've had your Accord as my PS3 background for a few years now, lol, nothing could replace that. Still the best thing to ever hit CB7Tuner. The Suby looks sick, and now this... gawd. You really know how to build 'em!

I said this when you still had the Accord, and again when you were doing up the Prelude: you and I have very similar taste. And now I see you went after the same car I ended up picking up for a daily.

Great to see you again!

... sheesh, more great photos to save.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts