Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Have you ever used Performance friction or Hawk pads with your Superlite brakes? Both of those companies have the pads 3.5mm too short and they miss the outside edge of the rotors by that much. I am trying to get them both to fix it, but they do not give a shit or do not believe me despite sending the photos of different pads and how theirs are different.

·
Go Hard Or Go Home
2,200 Posts
Are you running 6in swift springs in the front? Or standard?

·
Hops
347 Posts
seeing that 05-06 spoon torque damper makes me sad that i cant install mine. I have an 02-04 version and the top bracket is different.

sick looking build :thumbsup:
I got the Spoon torque damper to fit on my '03. There are a few different ways to make it work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
CB7 was my very first car. Seeing yours makes me miss mine!!

Awesome job with the DC5. Looks amazing, man!
Oh man, a fellow CB7 ex-owner! :thumbsup:

You are my idol. I freaking love your car man :thumbsup:
Looks like a lot of fun,love the white with gold wheels.
seeing that 05-06 spoon torque damper makes me sad that i cant install mine. I have an 02-04 version and the top bracket is different.

sick looking build :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words guys :)

Damn, man, I was wondering what happened to you after I heard you were parting out the Prelude! I've had your Accord as my PS3 background for a few years now, lol, nothing could replace that. Still the best thing to ever hit CB7Tuner. The Suby looks sick, and now this... gawd. You really know how to build 'em!

I said this when you still had the Accord, and again when you were doing up the Prelude: you and I have very similar taste. And now I see you went after the same car I ended up picking up for a daily.

Great to see you again!

... sheesh, more great photos to save.
Hey man! I recognize your username haha yeah bro I have a sickness with building cars..It doesn't help that I do it for a living too lol but I'm still enjoying it, I guess, so it's not too bad..

I haven't really been into photography as much as I was back in the CB7 days, to be honest. I just haven't really had the time to be able to just go out and shoot for a couple of hours. Hopefully I get to do more of that in 2015 with this DC5 :)

If the DC5 is your daily, what is your current project car?

Thanks again for the kind words bro, I really appreciate it. And it's good to find you on here!

Have you ever used Performance friction or Hawk pads with your Superlite brakes? Both of those companies have the pads 3.5mm too short and they miss the outside edge of the rotors by that much. I am trying to get them both to fix it, but they do not give a shit or do not believe me despite sending the photos of different pads and how theirs are different.
To be honest, no, I've only ran the Wilwood pads when I had the Superlites. I believe they were the Wilwood BP 10 pads? And yes, I believe I had that same issue as well. I didn't get to play around with that setup because I parted the car out shortly after.

Are you running 6in swift springs in the front? Or standard?
Yes I believe they are the 6" Swift Springs.

Thanks for sharing the track video, looked like a fun session.
It really was man, I can't wait to go back next year! Hopefully this car will have a bit more power by then.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Just a bit of an update ever since track day back in September..I really haven't done much to the car other than driving it. However, I did stumble upon a rare Mugen N1 70mm Race Exhaust system, so I decided to install it over the weekend. I personally love the sound it produces, and I'm so happy that I've found this exhaust system before I decided to order the J's 70RR catback.

With the weather getting colder and the rain constantly pouring down, I've decided to take off the SSR Type-C until next spring, and run these 17x9" Advan RS wheels for winter. I've personally never been a fan of these wheels, but the fitment is not bad, and they look ok for winter wheels, so I really can't complain!

Other than that, I might be doing retrofit on these headlights within the next few weeks, so that should change the look of the front end a little bit.

More updates coming soon! Thanks for looking.

Ronald

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Advan as winter wheels:rain::rain:
Nice functional rsx tastefully modded:love
C'mon ,can't you do better than advans for winter wheels?You're slippin.
your winter wheels are better than my all year wheels lol

and that nsx R horn :drool:
lol they're alright guys, I got them at a really good price. They've been powdercoated red by the previous owner, and they're not in the best condition paint wise. They look really good in photos, but that's about it!

Loved the video and very awesome car!
Some really great shots man! Car looks great.
Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it!

I have just purchased a short throttle cable from Zack (Type-Spaz), and planning on buying a few small things for the engine bay to make it look a bit nicer. Excited to tuck the throttle cable and deleting the Cruise Control cable though! The fact that both those cables ran across the motor and looped back around has been bugging me since the day I bought the car lol..Will post a few photos of the engine bay once everything has been installed :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the kind words and for checking out this build thread, everyone :)

Ronald

·
Registered
101 Posts
great build, i guess pictures on instagram just dont do the car justice. (mechanically)

the advans looks great on there for "winter" wheels, the fitment with the SSR is something else though.

is the straight steering arm bracket on the BC coils custom?

perfection execution!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
great build, i guess pictures on instagram just dont do the car justice. (mechanically)

the advans looks great on there for "winter" wheels, the fitment with the SSR is something else though.

is the straight steering arm bracket on the BC coils custom?

perfection execution!
Thanks very much bro! The straight steering arm bracket I specifically ordered from BC, although, if you order the "Extreme Drop" version, I believe they come with straight steering arms, as well. But this setup has been working really well for me. At my ride height, I have a very very minimal bump steer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a while since I've updated this build thread. Haven't really done much to the car, it being winter season and what not. I received the short throttle cable from spaz, so I installed that, along with Tein hood dampers I bought from a local CRSX member. The short throttle cable is great, cleaned up the engine bay quite a bit!

Today actually marks 1 year since this car has been in my possession. It has come a long way since then! Here's a pic of the car when I first bought it..

And this pic was taken earlier today..I've just stumbled upon a set of Spoon Sports Carbon Fiber mirrors, so I wrapped them in PWP vinyl wrap just to see what it'd look like if I paint them body color. I've also installed a set of retrofit headlights (3" FX-R) because OEM headlights w/ halogen had the most terrible light output. These are also temporary, as I will be doing a cleaner retrofit in the spring time.

Engine bay with the Spaz' Short throttle cable installed..

Other than that, I've also acquired an 05-06 KPro V1, which I will send out to Hondata for the newly released KPro V4 upgrade! Pretty excited about it, can't wait to try out the new KPro.

I'm also on the lookout for a Toda header, so if anyone is selling, please let me know!

Ronald

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
Superpro bushings w/ Caster correction installed on the DC5R Aluminum Front Lower Control Arms..

first of all, holy stiff springs rates batman! 16k and 28k? how's it ride?

second, where did you find the correct orientation for the conical bushing part of the superpro castor bushing? the little diagram on the instructions shows something that resembles those the opposite way of how you have them... but it doesn't exactly represent the parts so I'm not sure if thats what they're refering to...

I'm not saying you did it wrong, just wondering what your source is for that. I just got mine today and I'll be installing it pretty soon here.

Which brake pads are you using?

Good to see some work at the Ridge, thats where I'll be going once my car is ready. hopefully next month with hooked on driving :D

41 - 60 of 62 Posts