Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any of you guys be shaving with safety razors? also known as double edge razors?

i have been getting into it recently, and all i have to say is cartridge razors blow fucking chunks. get on the DE train. be patient, because if you've been using cartrige, there's a learning curve, but your face and your dome will thank you for taking the time.

just curious what the rest of you have going. post it up.

·
S U P E R C H A R G E D
41,841 Posts
Invest in a decent shave brush too. really makes a difference if you like to let your facial hair get a bit longer before you shave.

I like to go beyond the 5 o'clock shadow. Usually only shave once or twice a week. The brush definitely lathers a lot better than just applying it with your hand.

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
and what kinda lather/shave soap/etc you like? so far, i have just been using the edge shave gel i had when fucking with cartridges. it works okay, as long as i don't over do it. the DE razor gets clogged if too much, but it doesn't seem to bother a cartridge razor.

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
In on this, I am getting closer to having to shave my done. 28 and top section is thinning a lot. I have kept my hair extremely short over the last 5 years so you cant tell but I will have to clean shave it soon. Looking for some good options. I have done it with a 5 blade before but it was a pain.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
i can't grow a beard.. middle section of my upper lip seem to not be able to grow anything there.

so if i do end up growing it out, people call it a molestashe or i end up looking like the old school japanese emperors.

i shave maybe once a week because of work.

·
S U P E R C H A R G E D
41,841 Posts
goatee master race here

and what kinda lather/shave soap/etc you like? so far, i have just been using the edge shave gel i had when fucking with cartridges. it works okay, as long as i don't over do it. the DE razor gets clogged if too much, but it doesn't seem to borrow a cartridge razor.
barbasol

usually i'll just shave in the shower cause the steam softens the hair and skin.

·
Super Moderator
430,510 Posts
what about balls shaving, it this the thread for that too?

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
too scary to shave my balls. one knick and you're bleeding for days.

always wanted to grow out a beard though

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Safety razors here too! You need a legit good quality badger hair brush and good shave soap. I have a classic Merkur razor but use Feather blades as I found them sharper.

Funny they call them safety razors, I guess only safe then a straight edge which I am going to try next. http://www.fendrihan.com/dovo-inox-stainless-steel-straight-razor-olivewood-scales-p-754.html?cPath=116_22_83
word. i have the merkur 34c as well as a merkur long handle. i have been using the feather blades too. nice and sharp, but i find they do require more lubrication to keep from getting nicked.

for shave gel, i have just been using the edge gel, because i have shit tons of it right now. before shaving, i work some nexus humectress conditioner into my face and dome, then i follow it with the edge gel. works pretty well.

i'm trying to decide if i like the long handle razor or not. it's a bit easier to get an angle, but it's not heavy like the shorter handled one, so it takes a little bit of pressure to get a cut.

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
need to find a tube shave cream. i don't want to have brush, i don't think i need that, and i want to have a lightweight shaving kit. razor, blades, and shave cream.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts