Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
430,510 Posts
oh shit he said "you people"

i also shave once a week, maybe at most twice. i don't grow hair on my face much, i doubt most asians do. i don't use an aftershave or even tried it before, what exactly does it do for you?

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
oh shit he said "you people"

i also shave once a week, maybe at most twice. i don't grow hair on my face much, i doubt most asians do. i don't use an aftershave or even tried it before, what exactly does it do for you?
mostly, after shave makes you smell like a frat boy man whore.

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Do people find something like a straight blade works much better, how about for your head?
never tried a straight razor. that has a learning curve because you need to maintain the angle and use correct pressure. there's no guard, so it will dig right in and cut if you aren't careful.

·
Running from the Blerch
16,484 Posts
I've had a straight razor shave before I got married a few years back. Treated myself & the groomsmen to it. Really fucking close shave, super smooth.

But the DE razor is way more practical with less chance of carving your face up. I'll stick to DE and leave the straight razors to the pros.

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Still using my Mach 3 from like 10 years ago...like a baws
dude, i'm telling you fuck a cartridge. i did the arta 2 blade, then a mach 3, then whatever the 4 blade was, then the fusion with that 5 blades and a trimming blade. they all worked ok, but after switching to a safety razor you get just as good of a shave and it's better on your face.

i'm never really had trouble with razor burn or bumps or ingrown hairs, but the DE shave is soo much better. you just gots to try it.

·
^^^given slave name
18,454 Posts
dude, i'm telling you fuck a cartridge. i did the arta 2 blade, then a mach 3, then whatever the 4 blade was, then the fusion with that 5 blades and a trimming blade. they all worked ok, but after switching to a safety razor you get just as good of a shave and it's better on your face.

i'm never really had trouble with razor burn or bumps or ingrown hairs, but the DE shave is soo much better. you just gots to try it.
Like so?

http://www.royalshave.com/p/401-064-00/Health & Beauty > Personal Care > Shaving & Grooming > Razors & Razor Blades?gclid=CjwKEAjw7YWrBRCThIyogcGymQsSJAAmz_nd7cUjgRwgE7fbloIEac8fierGxmC1gvMfmLEeBTsZzhoC_6zw_wcB

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
yeah, that's probably a good starter DE razor. the others to consider would be the merkur 34c or, if you like a longer handle, the merkur 38c.

merkur 34c: http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Heavy-Double-Razor-Included/dp/B000QYEK88/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432532940&sr=8-1&keywords=merkur+34c

then you probably want a sample pack of blades, you can figure out which ones you like best.

http://www.amazon.com/FEATHER-Oclock-BLUEBIRD-Blade-Sampler/dp/B007OL72B8/ref=sr_1_7?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1432532782&sr=8-7&keywords=sample+pack+razor+blades

i like the feather blades best.

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
the jagger is another popular choice, indeed. however that particular one seems to have a smooth chrome handle. might be tougher to hold with wet soapy hands?

·
Hot Avy crew #4
7,739 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
i just pulled the trigger on an above the tie atlas 5 piece shaving set. can't wait to check that shit out. i like the merkur 34c, but since it doesn't have any adjustable capability, sometimes it frustrates me. i picked up the 38c, which has a longer handle and is heavier, but that made it tough to shave the dome, since the long handle fucked with back of the head shave angle.

so we'll see. i'll now have a mild/medium/aggressive razor plate i can swap out as needed. expensive, but three razors in one that have a 30 day guarantee.

·
some guy
51,131 Posts
i just pulled the trigger on an above the tie atlas 5 piece shaving set. can't wait to check that shit out. i like the merkur 34c, but since it doesn't have any adjustable capability, sometimes it frustrates me. i picked up the 38c, which has a longer handle and is heavier, but that made it tough to shave the dome, since the long handle fucked with back of the head shave angle.

so we'll see. i'll now have a mild/medium/aggressive razor plate i can swap out as needed. expensive, but three razors in one that have a 30 day guarantee.
baller.:fistbump:

·
Hot Avy crew #4
7,739 Posts
Definitely baller status. Show us how the plates differ once you get them

41 - 60 of 65 Posts