Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody put a roof rack on their RSX? I had one on my first car: a Honda Accord hatckback LXi back in the day. Not sure if I even want a rack on my Type S, but I'm curious if anybody has done it. I think Yakima makes a fit kit for it...anybody know for sure? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Don't do it please Iv'e seen it once and I wanted to pull the guy out beat him up then explain to him that he should have got a WRX

LOL JK wouldn't do it just my thought

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
i doubt anyone on here has one and if they do they probably wouldn't come forward lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
ask4isk said:
Has anybody put a roof rack on their RSX? I had one on my first car: a Honda Accord hatckback LXi back in the day. Not sure if I even want a rack on my Type S, but I'm curious if anybody has done it. I think Yakima makes a fit kit for it...anybody know for sure? Thanks.
i don't but, i had one on my 92 teg from thule - the attachments/feet that came in contact w/the car were specially design to fit the teg. best way to find out is contact the manufacturer (thule and/or yak) to see if they have a rack that fits the rsx. post what you find out.

btw, right now i'm using a 12x8foot tarp and laying my bike on that. $12, and mud stays on the tarp. not bad

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
yakima makes a roof rack for the RSX, Thule does not. You can get a hitch or a trunk mounted one.

I looked into it but it would look like crap so I just take the wheels off my bike, fold the seats down and the problem is solved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm going to get roof racks, because I'm also getting a 9'0" longboard, and I would feel much safer, having a sturdy roof rack than the soft ones. I don't want it falling off of the freeway

·
Registered
9 Posts
MattsTypeS said:
yakima makes a roof rack for the RSX, Thule does not. QUOTE]
Like he said, and it also has a rack extender for a longer board. The rack has special parts that make it fit on the rsx perfectly and all I would need is a rack extender, because I have a longer board

·
infrequent poster
41 Posts
Yakima roof rack works well, as long as you get the stretch kit. I have it and use it ocassionally for mountain biking. Only prob is the trunk opens 3/4 of the way. most of the time it is off the car and in the garage.

·
pro midget wrangler
1,824 Posts
Does the Yakima rack scratch the roof at all? Yes i believe it will look like crap on an rsx, but on the bright side it is removable so you dont have to have it mounted 24/7.

·
Banned
767 Posts
that would look gay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts