Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
no. the roof scoops have no performance value. its for the comfort of the driver and navigator. it gets hot in there.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My race car would have AC. Roof scoops were made for cars with engines located in the rear of the car, allowing air into the engine bay.

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
it wuoldn't have A/C but the driver would get fried from the heat if tehre were no roof scoops

·
28,750 Posts
It won't have A/C due to weight and power savings thats why they use the hood scoop to cool down the engine cabin and make it a little easier for the driver and navi.

·
Registered
463 Posts
So if I put that on my RSX, whenever I drive it'll blow air in? Can I like close the cover or something? How does it work?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
most if not all cars that have hood scoops today (not track cars)...just have a scoop that leads to no where....i.e. it looks dumb and doesn't do shit.

·
Registered
918 Posts
you cant have a roof scoop because you have a sunroof. WRC cars w/roof scoops have a small hole cut in the roof.

the 2.5 RS has a hood scoop, not a roof scoop. and its not functional.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yes, for rear engine vehicles, roof scoops can work as an intake, ut usually, intakes would be located infront of the rear tires.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The only roof scoop that I've seen that's functional on a normal is the scoop on MR2's and those aren't even really roof scoops. Other than that type of car with a rear engine or those that are WRC racing, most cars don't need any type of scoop on the roof. Just cosmetic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts