Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh ok i have a question, it was a month or longer since i washed my car because it was getting fixed. When i was done i passed my hand over it and it felt like crap. It felt very rough and not like before how i would wax it and get that glass feeling. I remember reading about those clay bars, would that do the trick? What exactly do i do with it and what is it? lol srry.Thanks for the help car feels like crap.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
go to a pepboys or something like that and buy the mother clarbar kit. it gives you directions on use. the kit includes clay and showtime spray.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Yes, the claybar should do the trick. It sounds like maybe they got some paint overspray or tiny metal particles on it while it was sitting in the shop getting repaired.

Claybar is easy to use. I used the Mother's system and it comes with everything you need. Just follow the directions and make sure your car is clean.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Um, if whole car feels like that it might just still have some partiles left over after you washed it since it wasn't washed for a month. Try washing again starting on the roof and working down and then drying w/ a chamois. If that doesn't work you might want to try starting w/ Maguir's Scratch X which is designed for mild oxidation, swirls etc., and is less abrasive than some of the other stuff. Just my two cents.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
The claybar is the better option and will get the paint super smooth. If used properly it will get out all surface contaminants and really leave your paint feeling better than new. Clay bars are not abrasive, you just need to make sure the surface is completely clean first before using it-and follow directions. I've used it to remove road tar spray that was on my entire car...it removed it all AND removed some rust particles that I didn't even know were there (though I did feel the paint was rough prior to use of the claybar).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts