Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has to be related to my intake or exhaust (or both) somehow, but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this phenomena. In stock form my car idoled fine when I was completely stopped (a few ticks above the Zero). Now there are times (and not real often) that my RPMs drop to the point where I feel like the car will stall (they go down to one tick above zero and then immediately back up to normal). I apologize for not having exact RPMs for ya'll, but just wanted to get this out there before I forgot about it again. I'm thinking it has something to do with the intake, but this is my first experience with that particular mod so I don't know if this is normal behavior? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
353 Posts
yeah it use to happene to me too. I have an Injen SRI with 10,000mi. I cleaned the filter with the K&N recharger, switched oil to M1 0w-20, and also installed Denso IR. Never noticed it since then... it runs smoother now

·
Registered
529 Posts
When the fan comes on, it takes a large amount of "surge" power to fire up the fan(s), at that moment your RPMs will dip but it will quickly go back to normal as the voltage smoothens out. Same thing with your A/C cause it's a drag, same thing for anything that requires a lot of current to turn on or run (Defroster, blower motor, etc). Is that what you're feeling?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DavidT said:
When the fan comes on, it takes a large amount of "surge" power to fire up the fan(s), at that moment your RPMs will dip but it will quickly go back to normal as the voltage smoothens out. Same thing with your A/C cause it's a drag, same thing for anything that requires a lot of current to turn on or run (Defroster, blower motor, etc). Is that what you're feeling?
That actually makes sense b/c yesterday I was sitting in traffic and for some reason started playing with my door locks. Every time I locked or unlocked my door the "dip" would occur. Seems surge related to me. Mystery solved?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts