Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RSX has only 17,000 km on it and my elmblems appear rusted. I know they are plastic but they have all these little black dots on them and they make it look like the car is 5 years old.:firemad:
Any thoughts.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
is it possible that it is just "stuck" on - like dirt or other contaminants?

if so, a clay bar would also help out - and then you could use it on the rest of the car also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rusty Emblems & muffler tip

;) Rest assured, it is rust!!! I had the same problem. I noticed it around 14000 KM, my Acura emblem, the RSX emblem and the muffler tip all had started to rust. I took the car in for it's 16000 KM oil change and showed the emblems to the Service consultant at the dealership. They gave me a loaner car (1.7 EL) for three days while they waited for the new emblem kit and muffler tip to come in. They replaced them with no questions asked. I took my car to Acura of North Toronto at Yonge & Steeles. Definitely a positive service experience. There's no point in trying to clean them, get them replaced!!!

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
I'm willing to bet it's rust. I had that on my Civic emblems, so I just took them off. I guess my RSX will do the same thing :( Oh well.

·
Registered
16,978 Posts
try to get them replaced...... and some dealerships are assholes..... i took my rusting muffler to erin mills and they were like you just have to wash them..... tried to get the cracked liner fixed and they were trying to say it's not a big deal (such a small crack)....... at the end i am getting the liner fixed but not the muffler tip....... then i took it to acura of hamilton and they were happy to fix the muffler tip for me...... so if one dealership denies your warranty stuff try another..... don't even bother arguing with them...... just a waste of time......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thanks everyone. One great thing about this CLUB is that have some ammunition when you go the dealership. I haven't always been happy with Acura's service. Sometimes it feels like they are just trying to get rid of you. :firemad:

Now that I know what has gone on for some other people, I can use that to call them on it and have them do the service I want done

Thanks again and I'll keep you all posted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.