Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the RSX could have an armrest installed as an option. My friend drives an '02 Honda Civic Lx, and had an armrest installed as an optoin. It is attatched to the seat back, and folds up and down, quite a nice feature. Is this possible to do with an RSX. If an Acura dealer could not do this, is it possible that a Honda dealer would do it? Has anybody installed thier own yet?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
zubin said:
I was wondering if the RSX could have an armrest installed as an option. My friend drives an '02 Honda Civic Lx, and had an armrest installed as an optoin. It is attatched to the seat back, and folds up and down. Quite a nice feature. IS this possible to do with an RSX. If an Acura dealer could not do this, is it possible that a Honda dealer would do it? Has anybody installed thier own yet?
NO

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
because they already make armrests for the civics they dont make any armrests for the RSX. well not yet anyway.

G

·
no acura doesnt make armrest as options. i was worryed about a armrest too, before i brought this car. after a while u find out the armrest is not needed at all.. u get use to no armrest. also im so glad that acura didnt make an armrest. we have more freedom to shift IMO. anyways hopes this helps.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
You sit so low that you can just rest your hand in the emergency brake's location. I'm 5'10" and don't miss the amrest at all.

·
Dead again.
2,672 Posts
If you are used to armrests, you want an armrest on the next car. If you are used to not having one you dont need a car with one. If you get into a car with an 'armrest situation' that varied from your last it takes only a few weeks to adjust properly. My last car had no armrest and I'm fine without one. Riding in a car with one seems uncomfortable to me now, but I could adjust either way.

G

·
If you want an armrest........buy a Cadillac. You have problems if your right hand isnt busy on the shifter anyways.

G

·
put your arm in your lap if it gets bored, who needs an armrest. i just play with the leather of the shifter boot. or see how well i can feel the motor through the shift nob..

·
Registered
173 Posts
SilverPremiumRSX said:
You have problems if your right hand isnt busy on the shifter anyways.
Wow, and before I read this I actually wondered why Americans ridicule Canadians for their stupidity. Holy crap.

·
m0o0o0o000?
7,358 Posts
shouldnt u keep both hands on the wheel?

·
The LORD OF BYRON
3,065 Posts
Illmatic said:
I actually wondered why Americans ridicule Canadians for their stupidity. Holy crap.
What the fuck is that? What are you 12? You've obviously not had extensive business dealings with our friends from the south on a professional level. If you had, you would know that, generally speaking, the reverse is true with Canadian's, appropriately of not, feeling that the Americans are lagging. Don't flame me I'm just pointing out a generality. I don't necessarily endorse this attutide from either side.

·
Registered
373 Posts
newfinator said:

What the fuck is that? What are you 12? You've obviously not had extensive business dealings with our friends from the south on a professional level. If you had, you would know that, generally speaking, the reverse is true with Canadian's, appropriately of not, feeling that the Americans are lagging. Don't flame me I'm just pointing out a generality. I don't necessarily endorse this attutide from either side.
"Talking to Americans!" This Hour has 22 Minutes.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I think everyone's missing the point. Obviously you don't need a armrest for city driving where it's stop and go and you're constantly up shifting and down shifting. Where you'll need it the most is when you make long commutes on the highway. Driving upwards to 2 hours in one gear would make sense to have a armrest. :)

·
behind your rearview
9,244 Posts
I definately agree, I had a 3rd gen teg (93) and it had an arm rest and since I drive those long commutes to school sometimes, it gave me something to just lean on and relax. When you have it on a car, and then go to a car without it, it does feel weird since people get used to leaning towards the center of their car with their right elbow on the arm rest, and especially for long one gear drives.... I guess people who don't know how useful an armrest can be, never really used it or never had one, and it never inhibited my shifting on my old 93 teg.

G

·
or u could just hold ur gf's hand.. but my gf gets pissed often because of shifting and all.. so just hold ur gf's hand only on a long ride on the freeway not in the city...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I really miss the armrest on the interstate. However, unlike my old Civic, the arm rest on the door panel is actually in a usable position.

Small price to pay, though, I suppose I will adjust because you would have to pry my RSX-S key out of my cold, dead fingers to take it from me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts