Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of doing a k24a2 swap into my base 03 RSX. The engine is from an 04-05 TSX. I fully realize and anticipate some will tell me to search the forums, and I get that, I really do. However, I have searched extensively, through this community and many others, and it's been quite difficult for me to find a clear answer. I'm not a mechanic by any means, and neither is my help (although, he at least has a much better understanding of cars). Our confusion surrounds the RSX wiring harness. It looks like some wiring needs to be extended to reach the sensors? We already swapped the crank position sensor. Does anyone have a clear idea of what wires need to be extended? Are we supposed to pull apart the harness from it's plastic housing and move things around a bit? Furthermore, do we know what wires we won't be using anymore? I recall people mentioning you won't use all the wiring in the swap. It would be reassuring to have feedback so we don't stress it when we have extras without an obvious home. Finally, do we need a conversion harness kit?? I see some mentioning it, but I hope we don't. We're already in the process of getting kpro for the base ecu.

I realize how dumb this all sounds, and how lazy I come across, but I do sincerely appreciate any and all help you may lend. I just want this car to run again.

·
I like Golf
3,629 Posts
Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of doing a k24a2 swap into my base 03 RSX. The engine is from an 04-05 TSX. I fully realize and anticipate some will tell me to search the forums, and I get that, I really do. However, I have searched extensively, through this community and many others, and it's been quite difficult for me to find a clear answer. I'm not a mechanic by any means, and neither is my help (although, he at least has a much better understanding of cars). Our confusion surrounds the RSX wiring harness. It looks like some wiring needs to be extended to reach the sensors? We already swapped the crank position sensor. Does anyone have a clear idea of what wires need to be extended? Are we supposed to pull apart the harness from it's plastic housing and move things around a bit? Furthermore, do we know what wires we won't be using anymore? I recall people mentioning you won't use all the wiring in the swap. It would be reassuring to have feedback so we don't stress it when we have extras without an obvious home. Finally, do we need a conversion harness kit?? I see some mentioning it, but I hope we don't. We're already in the process of getting kpro for the base ecu.

I realize how dumb this all sounds, and how lazy I come across, but I do sincerely appreciate any and all help you may lend. I just want this car to run again.
you shouldn't need to extend any of the wires. maybe the coolant temp sensor wire on the side of the block right above the transmission (but not much more than that)

yes, you will need to remove the plastic casing around the main harness as the mounting locations are slightly different and this gives you more wiggle room.

as for extra wires, you might have have extra wires for the intake manifold if you so choose to run a manifold different from your K20a3 (this intake manifold has electronic valves inside that open and close, most other intake manifolds do not have this)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts