Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been recently looking to pick-up some headers for my type s and I see a lot of results for the base model headers and see that they are cheaper could I in at all the base model aftermarket headers on my k20a2? What's the exhaust manifold bolt variations from the a3 to the a2? Please let me know would be great ?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
First things first, we only have 1 header, not multiple. Bolt pattern is the same, but a Base header won't mate up to your Type S cat/exhaust without fabrication. Typically, the base header has more narrow primaries, so I advise against that. I also advise against purchasing a shorty header if you're looking to gain power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First things first, we only have 1 header, not multiple. Bolt pattern is the same, but a Base header won't mate up to your Type S cat/exhaust without fabrication. Typically, the base header has more narrow primaries, so I advise against that. I also advise against purchasing a shorty header if you're looking to gain power.

Just the awnser I was looking for thankyou

·
Registered
8 Posts
what about the other way around I want to get a header that was made for the type s and just add a cat-back that was made for the type-s. will this work/line up correctly.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
what about the other way around I want to get a header that was made for the type s and just add a cat-back that was made for the type-s. will this work/line up correctly.
It will as long as you have a Type S cat. If you wish to omit the cat, you can also use a Type S down pipe. I'm sure there will be small gains, but Kpro or Ktuner will allow you to take advantage of the increased air flow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts