Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

firstly, i've read most of threads and everything about removing engine and tranny.

i got a car that i'd want to get the transmission and engine swapped for a lower km one. my tensioner and chain is loose and is done, my clutch is gone and my tranny has a hole in it.

i figured the best way to do is change the engine and tranny and clutch if the one isnt good already on it.

I've seen jdm engines that come from japan. I just wanted to know if the engine and tranny would be the exact same as my rsx here.

1. so it would be just plug and play. im not into swapping it for anything else, and just wanted to put it back to the oem. ?

2. also, what would u guys recommend if u had a base rsx. engine is fine, just tensioner and timing chain is loose and clutch and tranny are gone.

i know i got not much of an option, but im lost. :bsflag:

would really appreciate some help. thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
motor mounts are the exact same so it mounts in fine. tranny is interchangeable, but the speed sensor might be an issue depending on 02-04 or 05-06. im missing some other stuff.

not sure.. but I think the base halfshaft (axles) or something might be different

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for ur help

i got a 2004 base premium.

the speed sensor. thanks

anyone else know about axles for sure? or anythin else?

it would be do-able in my driveway right? i plan to just remove the ac lines , let it leak w.e. an just pop engine and tranny from the top.

dont wana touch subframe or anything, ive seen diy's just dont wana get into it if i dont have to...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
sorry,

i have a 5 speed manual transmission.

yea im most likely going to need another transmission as well.

i approximated

the cost of engine tranny and clutch to be a bit under $1400 - $1500

my budget . is a under 2k.

if i do a k24 bottom and type s head. wont i need other things of the swap, and shafts type s cluster, instead of 5 speed, a 6 speed tranny everything.

ive lost a lot of money already in the car, i really dont know what to do.

appreciate ur help guys. thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
I dont see that happening for under 2k. The engine you are looking at is $700 plus shipping which is usually about $300, then you still have to find a used 5 speed. I was only able to find 1 site with a 5 speed (http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/whatsnew_detail.php?prodID=323) and its listed at $850, and will want more to ship it. On top of it you still need a clutch and fluids.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Honda K-arrangement import motor is a line of four-chamber four-stroke motor presented in 2001. The K-arrangement motors are furnished with DOHC valvetrains and use roller rockers to lessen contact. The motors utilize a loop on-plug, distributorless start framework with a curl for each sparkle plug. This framework does without the utilization of a traditional wholesaler based start timing framework for a PC controlled framework that enables the ECU to control start timings dependent on different sensor inputs. The chambers have solid metal sleeves like the B-and F-arrangement motors, instead of the FRM chambers found in the H-and more current F-arrangement motors found distinctly in the Honda S2000.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Honda K-course of action engine is a line of four-chamber four-stroke engine exhibited in 2001. The K-game plan engines are outfitted with DOHC valvetrains and use roller rockers to reduce contact. The import engines use a circle on-plug, distributorless beginning structure with a twist for each radiance plug. This system manages without the use of a customary distributer based beginning planning structure for a PC controlled system that empowers the ECU to control start timings reliant on various sensor inputs. The chambers have strong metal sleeves like the B-and F-plan engines, rather than the FRM chambers found in the H-and progressively current F-course of action engines found particularly in the Honda S2000.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts