Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a RSX base auto (although I love racing, I have to choose something that can make my life easier when driving through busy city streets) and can someone please tell me what modifications I should do to my car.

At the moment, it hasn't got any modifications apart from installing the JDM Type R spoiler.

Any suggestions? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Injen or AEM CAI

Thanks man.

For an auto RSX, do you think it is worthwhile to install the CAI?

Which one is better and easier to install?

Also, my sister drives my car all the time and she hates to have the pod filter visible from the outside? Will these CAIs be seen from outside the car after the factory bumper is fitted back? Anyone got some pics? :driving:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The Injen CAI is far easier to install on our cars. Go with it.

You cannot see a CAI from the outside of our cars. Most people recommend cutting a little bit of the fender lining behind the driver side wheel, but you do not have to in order to install the CAI, and even if you do no one will see it unless they're looking. It's hardly visible.

Get new tires soon, too. The stock tires don't grip very well. And hondata is pretty helpful, not as big an improvement for the Base AT, but it still gives you nice gains. You might want to get the intake manifold gasket as well. it's got good gains and it's only $60. Might as well throw that in.

Those are all easy mods that I'd suggest, everything else for the Base AT along the lines of naturally aspirated is a little more involved.

·
Banned
6,418 Posts
zach12985 said:
aem cold air
hks exhaust
headers
wheels/hondata
eilbach lowering springs
body kit
cancel out the HKS. try the mugen twin loop.
hondata is a must. wheels, something def. lighter.
lowering springs that is IF you're going to invest in the whole suspension.

FORGET THE BODY KIT. Unless it's OEM.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
James S are you sure that you dont have to cut any of the fender lining out? The only directions that I have seen when installing a CAI are to cut the fender lining

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
aurilleous said:
James S are you sure that you dont have to cut any of the fender lining out? The only directions that I have seen when installing a CAI are to cut the fender lining
Yes you do have to cut your fender lining, but that is the easiest part of the install! AEM didnt send me the right clamps, so I had to buy some more. And, I put a filter on my breather valve instead of connecting the tube to the breather valve and CAI pipe. I also never re-installed my washer fluid container to the other side of the engine compartment, I didnt think it was worth it, and I droped some weight (LOL) for autocrossing ;)

I will agree though, the difference is noticable! And, if you do get the eibachs, also be prepared to get rear camber kit and the stock shocks will need to be replaced later on prolly. Good Luck!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
singjai said:
Thanks man.

For an auto RSX, do you think it is worthwhile to install the CAI?

Which one is better and easier to install?

Also, my sister drives my car all the time and she hates to have the pod filter visible from the outside? Will these CAIs be seen from outside the car after the factory bumper is fitted back? Anyone got some pics? :driving:
Hay, it's your car. Who care what she hate.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Lotta great suggestions guys. I also have to deal with urban gridlock bullshit singjai. My big headache is deciding where to put the $, in show or go. As far as everyday driving in city streets though, I wish I dropped my car first. I really like the improved cornering and nimbleness. Yep I spend a lot of time in first and second gear.

·
I Heart Kelly Clarkson
232 Posts
James S said:
You cannot see a CAI from the outside of our cars. Most people recommend cutting a little bit of the fender lining behind the driver side wheel, but you do not have to in order to install the CAI, and even if you do no one will see it unless they're looking. It's hardly visible.
I was also under the impression that you HAD to cut the driver's side fender lining so that the filter could fit there. Or is there some other way to move the filter so that you don't need to cut the fender lining?

Reason I'm asking is because I've been wanting to get a CAI for months now but I'm not sure whether I want to cut the fender lining. But if there's a way to install it without cutting, please do share! :)

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
I drive in traffic every day and I don't have a problem with stick...

You can't say you love driving and then puss out on an automatic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why Mugen over HKS?

Hey Xplicit,

Just curious why you said drop the HKS in favor of the Mugen twin loop exhaust? A lot of other folks seem to be sold on HKS, but you're the first a little that I've seen say otherwise. Care to share why?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts