Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
cone head
1,452 Posts
I'm pretty sure this means that people are starting to get the RSX really dialed in, and the RX8 guys have a lot more work ahead :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The one time I got to track with a stock RX-8, the driver was new and wasn't pushing it very hard. He got faster towards the end of the day, but not nearly close to the potential of that car.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
RX-8 with a good driver would prolly far outrun RSX-S with same driver.

I wouldn't want one though

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
swazi said:
RX-8 with a good driver would prolly far outrun RSX-S with same driver.

I wouldn't want one though
A board generalization I happen to not agree with. From anything up to a medium level driver, I would pick the RSX in a decently turn oriented course. Why? Front wheel drive is more controllable than rear wheel drive for those that are not super skilled drivers.

Furthermore, I kicked an "equal" RX-8s ass on the track. And he had the GT package too :p

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
yaro said:
A board generalization I happen to not agree with. From anything up to a medium level driver, I would pick the RSX in a decently turn oriented course. Why? Front wheel drive is more controllable than rear wheel drive for those that are not super skilled drivers.

Furthermore, I kicked an "equal" RX-8s ass on the track. And he had the GT package too :p

I agree with what you're saying, maybe I should've used the term "professional driver", but I guess those race results prove different so... :dontknow:

I'd rather drive my S around Willow springs than an RX-8 for the reasons you pointed out.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
swazi said:
I agree with what you're saying, maybe I should've used the term "professional driver", but I guess those race results prove different so... :dontknow:

I'd rather drive my S around Willow springs than an RX-8 for the reasons you pointed out.
Watch the latest Best Motoring if you want an idea of how an RX-8 performs stock. Suffice to say it gets its ASS handed to it by every car except for the miata. The DC5 ITR makes it look like a Toyota Corolla.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
These are all very good pro-drivers driving both the DC5s and SE3Ps and I doubt the RX8 drivers have any problems w/ controlling the FR layout. Keep in mind that the RX8s carry an additional 250lbs of weight and are mostly going through shakedown and test and tune runs (always such is the first season), while the RSXs have had 2 years to perfect their chassis tuning. 2nd top runner in its debut season is amazing, and it will be a force to be reckoned with next season. Take a look at WC-TC cars...the DC5s are extremely quick, especially down the straights where FWD helps, but the BMWs with 300lbs of additional weight and about the same bhp are right up there with them. RWD does have its advantages, especially for the pro-drivers and when producing >250+bhp. For the GAC ST class, it's tuning...the RX8s will be tough to beat next season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts