Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2004 nighthawk black pearl type-s yesterday. I wanted to go with the JDM look, so I figured I'd get limo tint, black wheels, and I wanted black headlights and taillights.

Where can I buy black headlights and taillights? :confused:

Sorry, I'm new :D

·
JDM!!!!!!!!
3,661 Posts
tYpE-s2004 said:
Just got my 2004 nighthawk black pearl type-s yesterday. I wanted to go with the JDM look, so I figured I'd get limo tint, black wheels, and I wanted black headlights and taillights.

dont buy them...DIY...
do a search it somewhere around here....
and it shouldnt be to hard if you take your time.

as for the tailights?....u can get some vinyl to black them out i dont know where tho
hope that kinda helped

·
2 Shea
3,465 Posts
tYpE-s2004 said:

sounds good, do a DIY jdm headlights. IMO black out taillights look like crap

·
28,748 Posts
You have a few options for the headlights:

-Smoked Headlights (same method as tails, use vinyl or transparent tape) however that isn't that great because of decreased light output and legality
-Projector Halos (a headlight that you buy)
-JDM Headlights (ditto, but you need to adjust the beams)
-DIY Headlights ( http://performance.clubrsx.com/headlights.html )

Smoked Tails:
Use vinyl or paint it.

Fuzzielittlepanda- That'd look good without the emblem, and the wing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
watch out for condensation on ur headlights if u DIY...im suffering trying to solve it

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
you know those silica gel packets that come in bags, and some food stuff? Throw one of them in there overnight for an entire weekend. It's job is to absorb oxygen and moisture. It works wonders. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
hey is the packet on beef jerky the kind to use? the ones that say do not eat right?? i think ill put it in the rubber seal but how do i go about on taking that out?

·
Registered
94 Posts
StreetLiquid said:
Whats limo tint? Really really dark?
Limo Tint is the same tint they use on limos, have you ever tried to look into a limo. Yeah its dark as hell. Where I am from thier is no tinting regulations. We can tint the car all the way around limo style. Its pretty cool

:wavey:

·
JDM!!!!!!!!
3,661 Posts
guambomb said:
hey is the packet on beef jerky the kind to use? the ones that say do not eat right?? i think ill put it in the rubber seal but how do i go about on taking that out?
ummm i was thinkin poke a hole in it, then stick in some string....fishing line?
the let the end hang out the rubber groomet? should work

·
Registered
305 Posts
c0mp|ex said:
ummm i was thinkin poke a hole in it, then stick in some string....fishing line?
the let the end hang out the rubber groomet? should work
i just did it...however i found japanese crackers with a packet of ??caustic?? lime as an active ingredient and says waterproof on the front (i think that was the name)...u think that would be good?

also do u guys think that i could just leave it in there indefinitely or just overnight?...i just wanna be protected against future fogs cuz it already stained it lightly...

·
Registered
305 Posts
whoops sorry for jackin the thread....congrats on yer purchase..i got mine 2-1-04...black too....i love it but it is easy to notice if its dirty cuz of the color :(

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
just pull a bulb out and push it in the hole with some string. Put the rubber cap back on. Leave for the weekend, and take it out, replace bulb and rubber cap. No more condensation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts