Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently picked up a rsx & when I let off the gas my car would start bogging as my rpms start to drop I don’t know what could cause that to happen , anyone who has an idea of what it was be highly appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just recently picked up a rsx & when I let off the gas my car would start bogging as my rpms start to drop I don’t know what could cause that to happen , anyone who has an idea of what it was be highly appreciated

I'm having the same issue except after my car is warmed up it will stall when I let off the gas and go into neutral. Many threads said to check/clean the Throttle body and IACV or check for vacuum leaks. I cleaned my TB and IACV now instead of stalling my car bounces between 1-3k rpms whenever I let of the gas. Let me know if you find a solution!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having the same issue except after my car is warmed up it will stall when I let off the gas and go into neutral. Many threads said to check/clean the Throttle body and IACV or check for vacuum leaks. I cleaned my TB and IACV now instead of stalling my car bounces between 1-3k rpms whenever I let of the gas. Let me know if you find a solution!

I fixed my idle stall issue after taking apart my TB and IACV for the 2nd time.
Thoroughly read ALL of this 19 pages - IAC Valve Cleaning Guide w/pics
Quick tutorial how to take TB/IACV out -

For me however. Clean the TB and IACV with TB cleaner best you can and let it dry(Wear glasses watch your eyes). Take the IACV of the TB(its attached on the bottom) until you find the spinning bearing inside. When you clean it with TB cleaner it will spin freely but once it dries it will lock up again SO I dabbed some Motor oil with a syringe on both sides of the bearing inside and out. Play around spin it make sure it gets inside the bearing too. When putting everything back together make sure its all bolted nice and tight(no vacuum leaks)

Tips
-Wear glasses when spraying TB cleaner just to be safe
-Some hoses and clamps are frustrating but you can get through it
-2 hoses will leak coolant just lay some towels and plug them with the TB bolts as shown in the video above
-The screws on the IACV will probably strip( I used a saw to cut a straight line so I could use a Flathead screwdriver worked like charm)
-Buy new IACV AND TB gaskets($7 autozone if you cant wait for shipping)
-I unplugged my battery during the whole process and later took out the ECU fuse before starting the car back up to help with the relearning process
-BURP your coolant system after finishing. I let it idle without throttle for 15-25 mins(3 radiator fan cycles) added coolant when it dropped low.
-For me I also put the throttle cables back on the TB before putting it back on and attaching the coolant hoses(take that TB cable bracket off if its in your way. only 2 bolts) try not to mess with the bottom TB cable bolt either, unscrew just the top one

anyone other questions lmk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts