Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find a decent answer after hours of exhausting research...
I have an RSX that I bought wrecked on one side, seems like he hit a curb real hard and blew the airbags. Damage was just to the passenger front side, nothing body wise was was damaged except a scrape to the front bumper. It did crack the wheel pretty good, bent the shock and lower control arm. I replaced everything on that passenger side as well as the subframe, which didn't need to be replaced. The passenger shock tower seems to be altered a bit from the hit which I believe is why I am getting the caster issue.
Anyway the car pulls to the right pretty good. I got the car aligned and everything is in spec, except the caster shows to be 2.5 degrees on the driver side and 1.5 degrees on the passenger side. So the passenger side is a full degree off from lining up with the driver side.

The question I have is, is there something somewhat inexpensive that I can do to correct caster instead of buying 800 coilovers that I don't want?!? Ideally I would like to buy something just for the passenger side so I don't have to touch the driver side...

I've been looking at caster plates and pillow ball mounts but looks like none of them fit stock suspension (which I currently have)
I read about the superpro bushings that supposedly give you a degree or 2 of caster, but i'm not sure if that caster is positive or negative, as it seems like I need positive caster adjustment...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't seem to find a decent answer after hours of exhausting research...
I have an RSX that I bought wrecked on one side, seems like he hit a curb real hard and blew the airbags. Damage was just to the passenger front side, nothing body wise was was damaged except a scrape to the front bumper. It did crack the wheel pretty good, bent the shock and lower control arm. I replaced everything on that passenger side as well as the subframe, which didn't need to be replaced. The passenger shock tower seems to be altered a bit from the hit which I believe is why I am getting the caster issue.
Anyway the car pulls to the right pretty good. I got the car aligned and everything is in spec, except the caster shows to be 2.5 degrees on the driver side and 1.5 degrees on the passenger side. So the passenger side is a full degree off from lining up with the driver side.

The question I have is, is there something somewhat inexpensive that I can do to correct caster instead of buying 800 coilovers that I don't want?!? Ideally I would like to buy something just for the passenger side so I don't have to touch the driver side...

I've been looking at caster plates and pillow ball mounts but looks like none of them fit stock suspension (which I currently have)
I read about the superpro bushings that supposedly give you a degree or 2 of caster, but i'm not sure if that caster is positive or negative, as it seems like I need positive caster adjustment...
Superpro, Nolathane, and White Line all make descent caster bushings. They all add positive caster. I'm pretty sure Nolathane and White Line are the same company and Nolathane's bushings are cheaper.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Superpro, Nolathane, and White Line all make descent caster bushings. They all add positive caster. I'm pretty sure Nolathane and White Line are the same company and Nolathane's bushings are cheaper.
I was checking out superpro bushings, it seems like what I need just on the one side. Wonder what would happen if I only install one side or would that be unsafe? Also noticed the superpro bushings have both front bushings in the pack but the Nolathane and White Line just have the front ones. Wonder if I only need to install the front LCA bushing to get the caster I need?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nolathane and White Line have a front and back bushing and they need to be ran together. Both bushings are offset a little which is where the caster gain comes from. As far as rubber bushings on one side and urethane on the other, I've never tried, but I can't image there would be any safety concerns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts