Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know it's kinda hard to drift in an FF car, and some might even call it an actual drift.
But have any of you guys tried drifting in an rsx

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
end of thread. conclusion: no.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
e-brake?

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
ebrake is bastardized drifting but it still is drifting. why do i say this? because keiichi tsuchiya says he used ebrake drifting when he started off. the drift bible has a small section on ebrake drifting. If drift king says it's drifting, it's drifting!!! :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
krystar said:
ebrake is bastardized drifting but it still is drifting. why do i say this? because keiichi tsuchiya says he used ebrake drifting when he started off. the drift bible has a small section on ebrake drifting. If drift king says it's drifting, it's drifting!!! :)
No. I meant Ebrake drifting on a front wheel drive car. Ebrake drifting on RWD is the n00b's way of initiating rear traction loss. But since you still have power to the rear wheels, you can pull out of it. Front wheel drive cars do not have this luxury - thus pulling the ebrake is just sliding around.

·
Tarmac meister
5,640 Posts
krystar said:

i have this bible as well...... :thumbsup:

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
yaro said:
No. I meant Ebrake drifting on a front wheel drive car. Ebrake drifting on RWD is the n00b's way of initiating rear traction loss. But since you still have power to the rear wheels, you can pull out of it. Front wheel drive cars do not have this luxury - thus pulling the ebrake is just sliding around.
:iamwiths:

Drifting with front wheel drive cars is non-existant, just called sliding stupiditly..

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
real_mav said:
well.. it can still be fun

No one said it wasn't fun. I have been known to almost be arrested for pulling an Ebrake in a parking lot. God, I must have burned an inch of tread off...memories...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
vanbells said:
Almost doesn't count. :)

Damn right it doesn't...here is the full story:

I am leaving class (around 2pm) at the U of Washington and notice that there is this huge expanse of open spaces in the parking - just this huge area where no one parked at the edge of the lot (which is in itself huge). So as I am leaving after a stressful day I decide to pull a nice ebrake drift to get my spirits up through sniffing some rubber. I get a sweet slide going, tire smoke everywhere. I am on my way out when lo and behold a police cruiser comes flying out of nowhere to pull me over. I am sitting there when the cop comes up to me:

"Bet you wish you'd looked around before you did that, huh, son?"

Takes my info and checks me out for like 15 minutes.

Comes back:

"It's negligent driving. $580 dollar ticket."
<my jaw drops>
<the officer looks up kind of wistfully>
"But you know...I was young once too. You can go."

No ticket - just a warning. Fate smiled on the fool that day.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
RsxVengeance said:
damn this cop is hella COOL!!! i wish there's more like him......
Or you can catch the cop that I had yesterday. Full story:

I decided, since my car is currently in the shop and will be there for about another 3 weeks to drive my friend's RSX. I am driving it around, nothing too hard. Then I shut it down and just drive the speed limit while we talk. Pull up to a 4way stop and see two cops that just pulled over another car. Think nothing of it, just keep going.

After tw minutes I see this car hauling ass to catch up to me. Sure enough, it's one of the cop cars. I was going the limit, so I stayed at the speed limit, just driving. I hadn't done anything wrong, what did I have to be scared of?

Cop rides me for 5 minutes and pulls me over. Comes up to the window asks for drivers license, insurance and reg. My friend can't find his reg, so the cop says no problem goes back to his cruiser. Stays in there for like 10 minutes. Comes back, by which time we have found the registration.

And he goes : "Ok, I can void that off the ticket."

At that point I realize I am getting a ticket for something, so I am like WTF?

Cop: "I'm giving you a ticket for modified exhaust. Since you are the driver of the vehicle, you assumed full responsibility for the car being ok so the ticket is for you, the driver."

Apparentely the law in Washington State is anything that is louder than your stock exhaust is illegal. Well, at that point I lost any incentive of being nice to the fucker so I became a compeltely irate dickhead. Cops doing their job protecting the peace? Yeah, right. So I made him stand in the cold while I miticulously examined the ticket over and over before finally signing it.

$112.00 for a modified exhaust. Ab-surd.

Then again I'll just go to court and get it dismissed. Or better yet, sell my soul to the devil so that the entire city of Brier, Washington gets wiped off the face of the Earth.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.