Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got some information on precision works rsx motor mounts? If they are good mounts or not or should I fork out the extra cash and buy innovative or hasport mounts. I live in a colder state and heard some mounts shake more aggressively in cold weather?

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
fork out the extra cash and buy innovative or hasport mounts
YOur answer Hasport... steel front and 3 billets. 70-72A rear rubber. call it good. I still prefer new oem bolts with the new mix. That is a race ready reeady to go. will vibrate like hell.

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,889 Posts
I've never used Precision Works mounts, but I guarantee you that they will vibrate. All polyurethane mounts do, even the "street" rated ones. If you want OEM comfort, gotta go with OEM. I've heard that Vibratechnics mounts are pretty mild if you want to go aftermarket.

Personally I have Hasport 62A and I'm okay with the minor vibrations. My car is not a daily driver though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YOur answer Hasport... steel front and 3 billets. 70-72A rear rubber. call it good. I still prefer new oem bolts with the new mix. That is a race ready reeady to go. will vibrate like hell.
Thanks for the info I’ve been doing some digging and the innovative mounts the 75A mounts seem good quality and a little better on the wallet, would you recommend Billet or steel for the three mains and steel for the front?

·
Past Driver’s Ed
627 Posts
Food for thought. As you can see from the parts listed in my showcase, I try to invest in components that will provide me reliable performance. My engine build generates 365 whp running on E85 fuel. I’m embarrassed to write that I’m using just inserts in the front and rear OEM motor mounts, and both side mounts are stock. Hardly any vibrations. I have zero wheel hop running on 18” Michelin Pilot Super Sports. My build is over seven years old, and I haven’t experienced any issues. I always thought about spending more on motor mounts, but it turned out for me that it wasn’t required.

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
Food for thought. As you can see from the parts listed in my showcase, I try to invest in components that will provide me reliable performance. My engine build generates 365 whp running on E85 fuel. I’m embarrassed to write that I’m using just inserts in the front and rear OEM motor mounts, and both side mounts are stock. Hardly any vibrations. I have zero wheel hop running on 18” Michelin Pilot Super Sports. My build is over seven years old, and I haven’t experienced any issues. I always thought about spending more on motor mounts, but it turned out for me that it wasn’t required.
And to think, how much better the car would handle with complete upgraded mounts. I had a SC K24 with just inserts, it works. More is to be gained in that mount department.

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,889 Posts
Thanks for the info I’ve been doing some digging and the innovative mounts the 75A mounts seem good quality and a little better on the wallet, would you recommend Billet or steel for the three mains and steel for the front?
What is the plan for this car? Daily driver? Weekend warrior? Aggressive, high-powered track build?

It looks like 75A is the "softest" mounts Innovative makes. I would do some Googling for reviews on how harsh they are. If you're concerned about vibrations, I would consider the Hasport 62A, the Vibratechnic mounts, or just doing inserts in your OEM mounts.

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
What is the plan for this car? Daily driver? Weekend warrior? Aggressive, high-powered track build?

It looks like 75A is the "softest" mounts Innovative makes. I would do some Googling for reviews on how harsh they are. If you're concerned about vibrations, I would consider the Hasport 62A, the Vibratechnic mounts, or just doing inserts in your OEM mounts.
at least mounts can be bought in invidually...

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you care about any sort of cabin vibration, Hardrace mounts are the way to go. They are still rubber but are more filled in. They offer more support over stock and the passenger side mount isn't oil filled so they'll never leak. Excellent choice for daily driving. I have it on my K24A.

I've had Vibratechnic mounts and they introduced cabin vibration/noise when idle. Don't recommend.

If you don't care about breaking your dash apart, then 62A or 75A will do.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Something to consider: I don’t know if it’s still true, I checked their site and it still seems like they offer it, but Innovative had a lifetime warranty on their mounts. They will send you new bushings at no cost should yours tear. I had them briefly on my car, loved the driving feel but it did vibrate a lot.

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,889 Posts
Something to consider: I don’t know if it’s still true, I checked their site and it still seems like they offer it, but Innovative had a lifetime warranty on their mounts. They will send you new bushings at no cost should yours tear. I had them briefly on my car, loved the driving feel but it did vibrate a lot.
I'm pretty sure Hasport has a lifetime warranty also.

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,889 Posts
it is not going to break your dash apart... I have had Hapsort Mounts, before inserts, dash is still there..
This is true. I mean, is there vibration? Yes. And for some people, maybe it's too much for a daily driver. But it's not going to cause anything to come apart.

Reactions: Them Witches

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
A huge difference in handling, performance, and acceleration is immediately noticed after installing qualtiy mounts being from any manufactor. People typically use the brand mount they used in the past.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went with Hardrace mounts for my DD, going on 3 years and they've been good. Got them over Hasports mainly because of the price and Hardrace also includes all 4 mounts.

I believe Precision Works is under the same business umbrella as PLM - Could be good or bad depending on that info lol. I agree with the general consensus from previous replies and invest in a quality brand part, that will only need to be installed once without fear it could fail.

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,889 Posts
I went with Hardrace mounts for my DD, going on 3 years and they've been good. Got them over Hasports mainly because of the price and Hardrace also includes all 4 mounts.
Hasport not including the front mount shouldn't be a red flag. I mean, they're Hasport. They've done their homework.

HardRace is also a respectable name, though.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
627 Posts
Not trying to be difficult, just trying to expand my knowledge. Besides the ability to improve transferring the power to the tarmac “eliminating wheel hop” how do motor mounts improve your handling?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts