Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to get an exhaust and header combo on my base automatic 2003 RSX. Car runs great and currently is at 150k. I’m running a K&n CAI everything else stock. I was wondering if ktuned race headers would fit on the car with a skunk 2 or a HKS exhaust? Or if you guys have any other advice on which brand to go with please feel free to share

·
SadDC5
2 Posts
I would say DC Sports Header. As far as the exhaust, get a muffler of your preference, HKS for me, and go to a exhaust shop and have them do a straight pipe to the muffler. Its best if you get a 3 inch pipe and muffler

·
Registered
968 Posts
It will fit as long as you get a Type S exhaust, and no it is not best to get a 3" exhaust. Get something you can afford and that you think sounds nice. You will need to get tuned on Kpro or Ktuner or your car is just going to be slow and loud, and probably running lean. Don't expect anything spectacular after the tune either, it's still going to be slow. Read the threads on here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will fit as long as you get a Type S exhaust, and no it is not best to get a 3" exhaust. Get something you can afford and that you think sounds nice. You will need to get tuned on Kpro or Ktuner or your car is just going to be slow and loud, and probably running lean. Don't expect anything spectacular after the tune either, it's still going to be slow. Read the threads on here.
type s and base are 2 different size exhaust systems? So I should be buying an exhaust for a type s? And So what are your opinions as far as the exhaust? I liked the skunk 2 and have the money to spend at the moment

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say DC Sports Header. As far as the exhaust, get a muffler of your preference, HKS for me, and go to a exhaust shop and have them do a straight pipe to the muffler. Its best if you get a 3 inch pipe and muffler
I was thinking go with a car back exhaust instead of just a muffler tip, and as far as dc sports I heard they crack easily

·
Registered
9 Posts
Idk about headers but for the exhaust I got n1 type muffler with a 2.5 in exhaust no resonator but mine is a type s. I’m going to switch it out for a full spoon cat back exhaust system

·
Registered
968 Posts
type s and base are 2 different size exhaust systems? So I should be buying an exhaust for a type s? And So what are your opinions as far as the exhaust? I liked the skunk 2 and have the money to spend at the moment
They're different lengths. You should be buying the Type S exhaust because most race headers are Type S specific. I think the Skunk2 exhaust sounds great with a race header, at least on youtube.
I have a Magnaflow on mine and I like it, but I wish I bought something larger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh I see, so would a type s exhaust fit on a stock header? Or do I have to do both changes at once

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah bc the the way the exhaust is set up is different in length due to oem exhaust manifold and catalytic converter

·
Registered
968 Posts
Ahh I see, so would a type s exhaust fit on a stock header? Or do I have to do both changes at once
It would not. It either all has to be meant for a type s, or all for a base. K series parts is saying it won’t fit because you have a base header and cat currently.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts