Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
IGT
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

dose any one know if number 10 is welded on or bolt on if it need to be welded how much do you think it is going to be if i get it welded. the reason why i am asking is because my bulk fram is bent.
And if you dont know where the bulk fram is it is next to the front bumper and it hold the hood lock assy

·
REP THE JGM
2,072 Posts
some parts are welded on others are bolt on and i would know cause my bulk frame is bent also lol

·
REP THE JGM
2,072 Posts
hahah did you take it to the shop yet how much did they say it would be to fix
no i didnt yet but i have a feeling that if i got the whole thing replaced it would cost me about 600-700 at a shop after labor and everything i dont know i might just get a shop to just pull it straight again might be cheaper

·
IGT
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i didnt yet but i have a feeling that if i got the whole thing replaced it would cost me about 600-700 at a shop after labor and everything i dont know i might just get a shop to just pull it straight again might be cheaper
i was going to have the body shop pull it all out but they wont 50 a hour so i went on acuraoemparts.com and for the whole thing for number 10 is 243shipped
but if i have to welded some thing then i might just take it to the bodyshop becasue i cant find no bolt on it when i look at my car

·
REP THE JGM
2,072 Posts
i was going to have the body shop pull it all out but they wont 50 a hour so i went on acuraoemparts.com and for the whole thing for number 10 is 243shipped
but if i have to welded some thing then i might just take it to the bodyshop becasue i cant find no bolt on it when i look at my car
i was thinking about the same thing but i cant afford any down time for my car since its the only one i have so i dont know what my plans are...

·
IGT
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was thinking about the same thing but i cant afford any down time for my car since its the only one i have so i dont know what my plans are...
i am in the same boat as you that is way am trying to find out if number 10 is a bolt on so i can do it my self so hope fully we can get some answer

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
the guys car i have in my shop/garage is also bent and majority of it is welded. I was just going to straighten out what he had and reweld it.

The back side of 16 is busted on his...I was going to work on it today, I'll get some pics up later.

·
REP THE JGM
2,072 Posts
I had taken my bumper off and my 3,4,12 are bent well at least thats what i saw so now my hood doesnt sit flush with the rest of the car its been like that for a while gets kind of annoying cause it would rattle over the bumps in the road

·
IGT
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had taken my bumper off and my 3,4,12 are bent well at least thats what i saw so now my hood doesnt sit flush with the rest of the car its been like that for a while gets kind of annoying cause it would rattle over the bumps in the road
that is exactly what mine is hahahah dam

·
IGT
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the guys car i have in my shop/garage is also bent and majority of it is welded. I was just going to straighten out what he had and reweld it.

The back side of 16 is busted on his...I was going to work on it today, I'll get some pics up later.
pix would be nice how much are you charging for the guy to straighten it out so i can go to a local body shop to fix mine

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
pix would be nice how much are you charging for the guy to straighten it out so i can go to a local body shop to fix mine
I'm doing a LOT more than just that...lol. The engine bay is completly stripped and prepped to be painted, fix the front frame, engine rebuild/assembly, turbo install, custom manifold, custom IC pipes, custom exhaust/dump/down pipes, gauge install, 4.0 FD install w/tsx 6th, etc...

·
REP THE JGM
2,072 Posts
I'm doing a LOT more than just that...lol. The engine bay is completly stripped and prepped to be painted, fix the front frame, engine rebuild/assembly, turbo install, custom manifold, custom IC pipes, custom exhaust/dump/down pipes, gauge install, 4.0 FD install w/tsx 6th, etc...
sounds sweet lol, but i've been putting off the frame repair for a while now, its been messed up since January, but its not too bad just like 10mm off.

·
I just paint...Well
508 Posts
12 and 3 are bolted and the entire set up ("10") will come completely assembled. Its called a core support or radiator support. The entire "10" will need to be welded on after your entire core support is cut off. Pretty simple if you have doen it before but it can be a bitch to drill all the spot welds out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts