Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
The Vapor Unit
840 Posts
Ya I heard that today at work I was suprized, but then thought it is kinda of a small car, O well I still am gona keep hiting v-tec

·
Banned
3,212 Posts
if you look at all of those cars named for having a high death rate...most of them were under $25,000 which means that they're probably being driven by young people with less driving experience. plus, the RSX and 350Z are cars people like to drive aggressively...so i don't think this report means our car isn't safe. i know from personal experience that the RSX can take quite a beating without crumbling.

Reactions: Mr. Crowley

·
#BAMF
21,617 Posts
if you look at all of those cars named for having a high death rate...most of them were under $25,000 which means that they're probably being driven by young people with less driving experience. plus, the RSX and 350Z are cars people like to drive aggressively...so i don't think this report means our car isn't safe. i know from personal experience that the RSX can take quite a beating without crumbling.
go in the crashed pictures thread and look at what some ppl on the boards have done to their cars and walked away from..

seem like their safe to me

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
excuse me???!?!?!?! do i see evidence of the media trying to slant the facts by using statistics?!?!?!?!

The vehicles with the highest fatality rates were 2-door, 2-wheel-drive versions of the Chevrolet Blazer small SUV, the Acura RSX small car, the Nissan 350Z sports car, the Kia Spectra compact car, the Pontiac Sunfire compact car and the Kia Rio subcompact car. Death rates for those cars ranged from 232 per million for the Blazer to 175 for the Rio.
Death rates for those cars ranged from 232 per million for the blazer to 175 for the Rio. from this sentence, it's presumed that this describes the lower and upper range of the deaths for that car. this is of course doesn't account for the fact that there are NOT the same amount of those cars on the road. I can't say about the Blazer or the Rio, but I think we all agree here that there aren't the same number of Corvettes as there are RSX's.

5 death in 100,000 RSX's
vs
2 deaths in 50,000 corvettes....

how does that make either car more or less dangerous than the other???

1 - 20 of 154 Posts