Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have driven my rsx since sept of 02, and i noticed that my front bumper, hood, bodykit front lip are all rock chipped...

i mean, i only got like 20000 something on my car, and i hardly drive it already.. and these scratches from rocks and other flying object in the road really hurts the paint... OR does the paint of the car just suck in the first place ??

my parents have an infiniti qx4 , and they bought it just like couple months before my rsx.. and now.. after the qx4 has been washed, i can't even tell there is any rock scratch from the front of the bumper at all...

does that mean infiniti got higher quality of paint and acura just sucks ?!

hm... how can you tell a car's paint is good before u drive it out to the road/before buying.. ???

now this year, i gotta save up to repaint my front lip, bumper and all the little pieces that made my car look like a BLACK car instead...

ARGH... RSX's paint just suck crap.....

anyone agree ?? but, overall.. the car still feels great ~

·
Registered
251 Posts
what color do you have? the darker the paint the easier the damage shows. my car has some chips in it too and i've only had it for a few months. but oddly enough a piece of my garage fell and hit my hood saturday night and nothing happened to the paint. i got an EBP. this paint is funny. but i do agree that the car is great.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
true about the front bumper and all that.. but i dont quite think paint has anything to do with it.. i mean if you get rocks/small ones coming at you and youre doing bout 80/90mph theres no way it aint gonna leave a mark.. thats just the way its gonna be.. weeeheee and infiniti.. well.. the price should tell you something ;) yup i agree,and true true car feels awesome !

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
since the infinity is an suv, its going to have less rock chips in the first place. though lots of people say the paint job is weak on our cars.

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
You should see my front oem lip, looks like a starry night! (ABP) Going to have it resprayed for spring, hopefully the new clear will be stronger. Thank God the hood and bumper have held up so far. (Not that I'm worried about the hood, its only for winter, I miss my CF)

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
my front bumper had the same knicks and shit......it sucks...

·
Registered
682 Posts
I agree, the paint suxs. in the 8 months of having this car, ive got more rock chips than my previous car of 4 years. the smallest things nick the paint. its like the paint is very soft, an dalso i dont think there is more than one coat.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I now what you mean mine is exactly the same way...

the paint does seems almost soft...had my car 2 months and the some major spot on the front bumper.....and yeh it kinda pissed me off

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
well since I've gotten my bumper repainted I haven't even seen any rock chips, so it may be the paint afterall....

Although my other theory is that it's the way the bumper is shaped, on my mom's car (2000 diamante) she gets hardly any bugs, but on mine it's like one of those lights that shock the shit out of em'. Aerodynamics, roads, debris on the roads, ride height, speeds...all these contribute to stone nicks.

So In conclusion, I don't think it's the paint.

·
Registered
682 Posts
the reason i think the paint is 'soft' is because a few of my chips are like the rock hit, then peeled the paint back a little. kinda like rippled it. almost like if you took your finger nail to half dried paint and just pulled some back, but then left it to dry that way.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
plus i think when they paint the car, they only did like 2 - 3 layers of paint...

comparing to mercedes.. they have like 8 - 10 layers, so therefore that makes it stay well for a long long time.

plus mercedes' paint have reflexibility, so it won't chip that easily by a rock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts