Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
The rear windshield glass on my 2006 RSX got smashed by a tree and am looking to replace it. My insurance would not be covering this for me, so it is an out of pocket expense!
I checked the price of the glass at an Acura dealer and it is very expensive (over $700). Are there any in -expensive places where I could buy the glass? I tried a couple of junk yards here in the bay area but they don't have this glass.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Hi,
The rear windshield glass on my 2006 RSX got smashed by a tree and am looking to replace it. My insurance would not be covering this for me, so it is an out of pocket expense!
I checked the price of the glass at an Acura dealer and it is very expensive (over $700). Are there any in -expensive places where I could buy the glass? I tried a couple of junk yards here in the bay area but they don't have this glass.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.
Call windshield replacement places? I think I read on here last year that someone got quoted 400 dollars from a car glass replacement place for theirs. But like the post above, you might be better off sourcing a whole new hatch for less. Thats what we did for my moms Malibu with her smashed rear (backed into my aunts H2). Got a used (luckily paint matched) hatch and glass from the pick n pull for 60 bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts