Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i’m hoping you guys can help me fix this problem i’ve been having with my ‘02 type s. it has a check engine light and it’s running rich and it has a poor idle too when i’m reving it up to 2k rpms, the idle comes back down and drops under 1k (to around i’d say .5) which is close to dying. when i’m driving it runs fine and all but when i’m coming to a stop i’ll put the car in neutral and the rpms immediately drop and hit 0 and the car does on me in which i have to turn it back on and i’ll continue driving and it’ll just do the same thing and die on me at every stop. i’ve already changed out the intake air filter for a k&n one, i’ve changed out the spark plugs for new ones, changed the pcv valve, cleaned the throttle body, and even changed the secondary o2 sensor. at this point i’m frustrated and just want to give up. if you guys can give me any advice and help to fix this problem it’d be much appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The secondary O2 sensor is to read how well the catalytic converter is working, which would not effect how the engine runs. The first O2 sensor is the air fuel ratio sensor which, when bad or fouled, will cause the engine to run rich as a safety measure.

Take your car to an auto parts store and have them read the code or get a cheap code reader and read it yourself. Then come back here and we can help you

·
Registered
304 Posts
The secondary O2 sensor is to read how well the catalytic converter is working, which would not effect how the engine runs. The first O2 sensor is the air fuel ratio sensor which, when bad or fouled, will cause the engine to run rich as a safety measure.

Take your car to an auto parts store and have them read the code or get a cheap code reader and read it yourself. Then come back here and we can help you
Hey! Your car is silver like mine. I was kinda being a smartass as dude is throwing everything at it, but the solution. Sincerely thankyou for some good input to help him. Friday's and Saturday's are toke-em-and-joke-em' around here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

i checked on my obd2 and it says it’s a p0172 code running rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts