Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a type a 5 lug swap with axles... My ep3 4 lug brakes feel better than every other car I've owned as far as pedal feel and stopping power... Is it a good idea to get the type s parts listed in the title to accommodate the larger front brakes... I know people have done it without those parts but I'd kind of like insight from someone who ran ep3 mc/booster/pv on type s brakes then upgraded later. Is it worth the $/effort?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
05-06 type-s knuckel used a larger balljoint, so you need to changer the lca....for the type-s knuckels you also need the half shafts....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought 02-04 rsx s parts. Most write ups I've seen made no mention of this, but one post somewhere mentioned something about having to delete abs when going to type s components "because it is a pain in the ass to get abs to work without the type s pump and sensors".... I assume since I only found one count of this that it's not credible?

·
Registered
275 Posts
with the abs the diffrence is in the way the sensors fit. you will have to use some kind of washers on the type s calipers to use the ep abs sensors,

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
?.....I have done 2 of these and they were plung and play with the ep sensors....I may have used washers ...I don't remember

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
the 2 swaps I did did not have the sensors so we usede the ep sensors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I'll see when the time comes. I know you said you don't remember using washers, but to prevent any issues during my changeover do you have any insight on that in case there is a problem with the abs?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Reviving an old thread did anyone have problems with the dc5-s axle being shorter than the ep3? Checked specs online and their ~2" shorter. Any problems on lower suspension?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't recall having any issues with the axles at all, but it's been a while. I did have to use washers for the abs sensors, and I swapped my entire suspension out for stock or aftermarket dc5-s components with the exception of the sways/endlinks... I think I had to mount the endlinks differently, I remember having to play around with them to get them to go back on, and aside from that I had to order oem bolts for another component because I think the stock ones weren't big enough if I recall correctly, I'm wanting to say it was to the trailing arms but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did you use OEM axles or aftermarket? Tried getting specs from the dealership but they're no help. The rear suspension are identical for the 02/04 RSX-S. Same trailing arms,knuckle, calipers, rotor size...
The figment of the axles is what I'm worried about. Don't want axle failure or abnormal wear like some guys experienced. (I'm lowered) autozone has ep3 at 613 mm driver, 564 pass. Type S 624d, 578p. That's a big difference!

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Did you use OEM axles or aftermarket? Tried getting specs from the dealership but they're no help. The rear suspension are identical for the 02/04 RSX-S. Same trailing arms,knuckle, calipers, rotor size...
The figment of the axles is what I'm worried about. Don't want axle failure or abnormal wear like some guys experienced. (I'm lowered) autozone has ep3 at 613 mm driver, 564 pass. Type S 624d, 578p. That's a big difference!
oem type-s

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I used oem as well. My car is what some would consider significantly lowered but still has room to go (not quite tucking the very top of the tire on 17's). I had one of the boots rip on the drivers side but I had used axles, bought a replacement from orielys and it fit the same.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Prop valve isn't needed I don't have it on my EP3 with DC5 brembos or on my old EK. Booster is likely unnecessary as I don't have that either and the pedal is firm but not overly stiff with my foot planted down.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Prop valve isn't needed I don't have it on my EP3 with DC5 brembos or on my old EK. Booster is likely unnecessary as I don't have that either and the pedal is firm but not overly stiff with my foot planted down.
If i want to install front brembo calipers tlS or Dc5, should i use 15/16 Mc and prop valve from Typs too?

and the Mc with or without booster?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts